Chapter 29

Emily P.O.V

"1." I say. A boulder hits the ground a few feet to my left.

"2." I say. I look over my shoulder to check on Susan.

"3." I say and nod at Caspian. He hurries into the Howe with Glenstorm. I turn back around.

"4." I say and carefully clean my sword.

"5." I say. Edmund let's out a loud breath.

"6." I say. Peter unsheaths his sword.

"7." I say. Edmund unsheaths his sword as well.

"8." I say, while glancing at the ring on my finger.

"9!" I exclaim. "Get ready!"

"10! For Narnia!" I yell. We charge at the Telmarines. I fight with all my might. So far I've gone through five Telmarine soldiers. My eyes widen when I notice how many Telmarines there are.

"Back to the Howe!" I yell. I run with all of the Narnians, my brothers, and Caspian as we go back to the Howe. But a boulder from a catapult makes the entrance collapse. I look up at the archers to see Susan dangling over the edge of the platform. Trumpkin swings her over and she lands on another platform below them. I sigh with relief. I turn back to the Telmarines. Susan joins Edmund, Peter, Caspian, and I in the little area where I fought Miraz.

"To hell with it." I say and run into battle. Caspian hurries after me. We fight for a while longer. I trip backwards and scream. Caspian goes to grab me but I fall back and into a hole. I breathe heavily and I look up at Caspian. I notice a Telmarine in front of me. He yanks a spear out of the ground and turns towards me and runs forward to kill me. But he freezes. Suddenly a tree root comes out and grabs the man. The root slams the man's head against the wall and drops him on the ground. Caspian holds a hand out to me. I stand up and hurry over to him. I grab his hand and he pulls me up with ease.

"Are you okay?" Caspian asks worriedly. I smile at him.

"I'm fine. And it seems like Lucy found Aslan." I laugh, glancing at the trees that are moving around, killing Telmarines, and destroying the catapults. The Telmarines start to fall back.

"For Aslan!" I exclaim to the Narnians and run after the Telmarines. My army runs after me. We stop when we reach Burreuna. The Telmarines come to a stop as well. I hold a hand up to stop the Narnians. I look across the bridge to see Lucy standing there with her dagger in her right hand. Aslan then appears beside her.

"Charge!" The Lord at the front of the Telmarine army yells. The Telmarines run at Lucy and Aslan. The great lion roars and the Telmarines stop. Soon a large wave goes straight at the bridge. Some of the Telmarine soldiers try to get out of the water quickly. The wave then takes the form of a man. The wave-man breaks the bridge and picks up the part with the Lord. The Lord screams and swings his sword at the water-man. The wave-man leans forward and obliterates the bridge and the Lord. The Telmarines cross the river and put their weapons on the ground.

"Come on." I tell my three siblings and Caspian. We cross the river and bow to Aslan.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." Aslan says. Susan, Peter, Edmund, and I stand up with large smiles. Caspian stays on the ground.

"All of you." Aslan chuckles. Caspian looks at Aslan.

"I do not think I am ready." Caspian says.

"And it is for that reason I know you are." Aslan tells him. I help Caspian up. He smiles down at me. Suddenly, the sound of bagpipes or some other instrument makes its way towards us. I turn fully towards Caspian.

"You know, there's something we forgot to do just before we had to get in position for the battle, incase something happened to one of us or both of us." I tell Caspian. He turns to me fully.

"And what would that be?" Caspian asks with a big smile. I smile back.

"This." I reply before kissing him. My arms slither around his neck. My hands lose themselves in his hair. Caspian's arms wrap tightly around my waist as he kisses back. I pull away slightly and we just press our foreheads together.

"I love you." I say softly.

"I love you too." Caspian replies. Someone clears their throats and I glance around to see everyone watching us in awe and amusement. Peter has a smirk on his face.

"Peter! We were having a lovely moment!" I whine. He chuckles and rolls his eyes at me.

"The five of you shall go to the castle to prepare for Caspian's coronation. I have to talk to Emily." Aslan tells my siblings and Caspian. They nod and walk away. Aslan kneels down.

"Climb on, dear one." Aslan says. I hurry over to him and climb onto his back. He starts walking through the forest.

"You fell in love." Aslan states. I blush and smile.

"It seems I have." I reply. He chuckles.

"You've grown up is what that means. Susan and Peter have grown up as well. Once they leave Narnia, they won't come back." Aslan tells me. Tears fill my eyes.

"So I'll never seem them again?" I ask sadly.

"You will, dear one. Someday. But Edmund and Lucy will come back." Aslan reassures me. I smile slightly.

"But you also have the choice of going with them." Aslan says.

"But..." I begin.

"Think about it. You have two days until the ceremony that will take your siblings back to your old home." Aslan tells me. I sigh.

"Alright, Aslan." I reply. How am I supposed to choose between my siblings and my home?

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's Chapter 29!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless