Chapter 28

Emily P.O.V

I sit on a broken pillar and Edmund takes my shield off my left arm before he starts to prepare to pop my arm back into place.

"Peter?" I ask. He looks down at me.

"Yeah, Em?" He asks.

"What do you think happens back in the other world with Mum, Dad, and a lot of other people...if you die here?" I ask. Peter frowns.

"It's just that I never really got to..." I begin before crying out in pain as Edmund pops my arm back in place.

"Save it for later." Edmund says with a smile. Caspian glances over his shoulder.

"Keep smiling, Em." Caspian says. I look back at the Narnians to see them all watching me with concern. I raise my sword up and smile painfully at them. They cheer. I look at Susan.

"Get up there with the other archers. I don't expect the Telmarines to keep their word." I tell her. She nods and hugs me. I groan in pain and she pulls away quickly.

"Sorry." Susan apologizes. I smile weakly at her.

"It's okay." I reassure her.

"Em, don't forget about your necklace." Edmund says. My eyes widen and I grab at the tint vile that hangs around my neck. I pour a single drop into my mouth. I feel myself gain strength.

"Let's do this." I say with a big smirk. Peter holds out my helmet and shield but I shake my head. I stand up and enter the battle area. Miraz then enters as well. He glances at my right hand and stares at it in confusion.

"Where'd you get that?" Miraz asks, obviously noticing the ring Caspian gave me.

"Caspian gave it to me." I reply. Miraz growls.

"I know you're going to insult him. But I'm not going to let you do that." I say before running forward and slamming my sword against him. He stumbles back in shock. We clash our swords together and I manage to get his sword out of his hand. I toss it to the far side of the battle area. I start taking strong swings at Miraz, but he blocks them all with his shield. He somehow manages to disarm me. He slams his shield against my face and I groan. He goes to do it again but this time I grab the sides of his shield and spin around so I twist his arm behind his back. Miraz cries out in pain. He elbows me in the face and I groan in pain before letting go. He drops his shield and grabs his sword from the ground and shoves me against a large rock. I cry out in pain as my once dislocated arm collides with the rock. Miraz starts swinging his sword at me. I block the first one with the metal guard on my forearm. The other three I manage to dodge before I punch the wound on his right knee. He cries out in pain and backs up before sinking to his knees, dropping his sword beside him. I raise my fist to give the death blow to his temple, but I hesitate.

"Now's not the time for chivalry, Em!" Edmund calls. I breathe heavily but put my hand down. I start to walk towards my brothers and Caspian.

"Emily watch out!" Peter exclaims. I whip around and dodge the swing Miraz takes at me. I grab the blade, managing to not cut my hands, and spin around. I stab him with the sword and his eyes widen in shock. I yank the sword out. Miraz stumbles backwards a bit before sinking to his knees. I raise the sword to deliver the death he deserves, but once again I hesitate.

"What is it girl? Too cowardly to take a life?" Miraz spits. I lower the sword.

"It's not mine to take." I growl. I turn to Caspian and hold the sword out to him. He walks forward and takes the hilt. I kiss his cheek before grabbing my sword from the ground and walking over to my brothers. Edmund and Peter start fussing over my few injuries.

"Can I finish what I was saying earlier?" I ask. They nod.

"I never really got to make things right with Peter and I." I say. Peter hugs me.

"There's nothing to fix, Em. You're my little sister and I love you. I know it may not have seemed like it, but you're very important to me." Peter says. I hug him back and smile.

"I love you too, Peter." I reply. We pull away and look over at Caspian.

"Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine King." Miraz says before lowering his head. Caspian let's out an angry yell before stabbing a patch of dirt.

"Not one like you." Caspian growls. I smile at him. Miraz stares at Caspian in confusion.

"Keep your life. But I'm giving Emily and the Narnians back their kingdom." Caspian tells Miraz, before turning back to me and my brothers. I grin at him. He smiles back and makes his way over to us.

"Get into position. I don't think we'll be getting out of this without fighting the Telmarines." I tell Caspian. He nods.

"And, Em?" Caspian asks. I nod.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Be careful." Caspian tells me. I nod again.

"You too. By the way, I'm proud of you for what you did when you had a choice of killing Miraz or walking away." I tell him. He smiles at me. I smile back. We turn back to Miraz and see one of the Lords help Miraz up. They talk for a bit before the Lord stabs Miraz in his side with one of Susan's arrows. Miraz then falls to the ground, dead.

"Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our King!" The Lord exclaims. He runs off and gets on a horse. Caspian hurries to the entrance of the Howe. I turn and watch to make sure he gets on his horse safely.

"Emily!" Caspian exclaims. I whip around and the second Lord that was watching the duel lunges at me. I block his attack with my sword and slice his stomach before beheading him. Edmund and Peter stare at me in shock.

"This is war, boys. Look alive." I tell them. They nod and I watch the Telmarines start to shoot boulders at us with catapults. Here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that was Chapter 28!!! Hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless