Chapter 20

Emily P.O.V

So far I've spent an entire day looking for troops. And I've gotten 15 so far. The aching feeling in my chest just keeps getting worse by the minute. But today I'm checking by the river rush to see if anyone is near there. I move silently through the forest but come to a stop when I hear voices.

"I'm not crazy." A female voice says.

"Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist." A familiar voice says. I peek around the tree I'm hiding behind to see Trumpkin, a brunette girl, a raven haired boy, a raven haired girl, and a blonde boy. My eyes widen, these are my siblings!

"He really was there." Lucy says with a frown.

"There's a ford near Burreuna. How do you feel about swimming?" Trumpkin asks.

"I'd rather that then walking." Susan says. I walk around the tree with my hood over my head and I look more to the ground so they can't see my eyes.

"The Burreuna isn't such a good idea. Miraz started building a bridge there." I tell them. I hear Peter's and Edmund's sword unsheath. I smirk.

"That wouldn't be very wise, dear ones." I laugh.

"Who are you?" Lucy asks.

"Well if I showed my face it would probably give it away. But I do know who you five are." I reply. I hear my brothers sheath their swords.

"Wait. I've seen that thing on her hand somewhere before." Trumpkin says. I laugh.

"Come on, Trumpkin. Piece it together. The hand accessory, the armor, the hilt of my sword." I carry on.

"Is she good?" Susan asks.

"If I wanted to hurt you Susan, don't you think I would've by now?" I giggle.

"What are you doing out here?" Trumpkin asks after he must've realized who I am.

"Gathering troops for my army." I reply. I hear a sword get unsheathed.

"She's with Miraz." Peter spits.

"Put the sword away, child. I thought you would know better." I sigh.

"Show your face and I'll debate putting my sword away." Peter growls. I roll my eyes and reach up to my hood. I pull it down and look at my siblings and Trumpkin.

"Well, will you put the sword away now?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

"E-Emily?" Peter asks curiously. I roll my eyes at him.

"Who else would I be?" I laugh. Lucy runs forward and hugs me.

"Where've you been? How come you didn't go back with us?" Susan asks.

"Yeah. Where'd you end up?" Edmund asks. I sigh.

"There is a lot Trumpkin didn't tell you." I sigh. I gesture to the ground. We all sit.

"I never left Narnia when you did. Aslan showed up when you left and made it so I aged as you did, turning me back into an eleven year old. A year later, Telmarines showed up and attacked Cair Paravel. Orieus wouldn't let me fight, instead he ordered Mrs. Beaver to take me to the stables. She put me on Philip and sent me away. I came back a day later to find Cair Paravel in ruins. Mr. Tumnus, Orieus, and Mrs. Beaver died during the attack along with many other Narnians. Mr. Beaver was one of the survivors. So we made a home in the shuttering woods. Ten years later he passed away from an illness. I then spent 1,250 years alone inside a hollowed tree where I once lived with Mr. Beaver. But then Trumpkin, Nikabrick, and Trufflehunter came along and we became good friends. 49 years later I met Prince Caspian on the edge of the shuttering woods. We became friends and continued to meet at the same spot everyday. In fact he's the one who gave me this bracelet thing. It was for my birthday. He also gave me a new dress and flats. He's gathering weapons now as we speak." I tell them. Susan smirks.

"Sounds like Caspian has a thing for you." Susan teases. I glare at her.

"He does not! He...just has a need to spoil me constantly." I say slowly.

"Well then it seems you like him." Lucy says. I blush.

"I-I...what are you talking about, Lu?" I ask nervously. Her jaw drops.

"You do!" Lucy exclaims. I blush even more.

"It's not like he likes me in that way! I'm probably just his best friend. He'll probably fancy Susan over me." I say sadly.

"I doubt that. Em, you're flawless. You basically have no bad qualities. I mean there's a reason Aslan made you Great Queen instead of Susan." Lucy says. I sigh.

"Lucy where did you see Aslan?" I ask. She smiles and walks over to the cliff edge.

"He was looking right about..." Lucy begins but cuts herself off by screaming as the ground beneath her breaks and she falls.

"Lucy!" I cry and hurry to where she fell.

"Here." Lucy says from a ledge below. It forms a path to the bottom of the river. We all climb down and follow Lucy as we make our way across the river. Once we've done that, we walk through the woods and it starts to get dark. Trumpkin starts a campfire. I lay down on Lucy's left and try to fall asleep.

"Emily?" Lucy asks. I turn towards her.

"Yeah, Lu?" I ask.

"How does Caspian treat you?" Lucy asks. My face turns red again.

"Well he gives me gifts quite often. He's very sweet and patient. If he's yelling at someone and then I speak to him, he'll go from angry to calm and caring." I tell her.

"I think he fancies you." Lucy yawns. I shrug.

"I don't know, Lu. I mean he could have any girl he wants, why would he pick me?" I ask. Lucy gives me an, are you serious right now?, look.

"What?" I ask.

"Em, you're beautiful, kind, intelligent, brave, bold, and sweet. I'd be shocked if he didn't fancy you." Lucy says. I sigh.

"Get some sleep, Lucy." I say gently. She huffs but closes her eyes anyway. I yawn and fall asleep as I listen to the crackling fire.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! Chapter 20 finally arrived!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless