Chapter 15

Emily P.O.V

Peter rides on a unicorn as he practices swordplay with Orieus. I ride a jet black horse and Edmund rides a brown horse with a white mark on it's head.

"Come on, Ed! Sword tip up just like I showed you!" I laugh as we practice. I poke him with my free hand.

"Hey!" Edmund laughs. Mr. Beaver runs over to us and Edmund's horse goes a bit crazy.

"Woah horsey!" Edmund's exclaims.

"My name is Philip." The horse tells Edmund. I giggle.

"Oh. Sorry." Edmund says sheepishly.

"Edmund! Emily! The Witch has come to talk to Aslan!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. My eyes widen and we sheath our swords before getting off our horses and running to Aslan's tent along with Lucy, Susan, Peter, Mr. Beaver, and Orieus. The other Narnians are already there. Aslan stands in front of the entrance to his tent. Suddenly a dwarf walks towards Aslan, followed by a minotaur. Next is four scary looking giant things that carry the Witch on this throne sort of thing.

"Make way! For the Queen of Narnia!" The dwarf exclaims.

"She is no Queen to us!" A faun shouts. The Witch stands up and walks towards Aslan.

"You have a traitor in your midst Aslan." Jadis says.

"His offense was not against you." Aslan says.

"His blood is my property." Jadis says back. I unsheath my sword and point it at her.

"Try and take him then." I growl.

"Do you really think mere force will deny me my right? Little Queen?" Jadis asks.

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood it's of lower demands." Jadis says. Aslan roars slightly.

"Do not recite the deep magic to me Witch. I was there when it was written." Aslan growls.

"Narnia will parish in fire and water! That boy-" Jadis starts and points at Edmund, "will die on the stone table. As is tradition."

"You dare not refuse me." Jadis says as she turns back to Aslan.

"Enough! I shall speak with you alone." Aslan says. They enter his tent.

*TIME LAPSE*

Jadis walks out of the tent and glares at Edmund before walking over to her liftable throne. Aslan walks out.

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood." Aslan announces. We all cheer and I pull Edmund into a hug.

"How do I know you'll keep your promise?" Jadis asks. Aslan let's out a loud roar. She sits down quickly. I laugh at her as her and her followers leave. Aslan looks at me with a sad face.

"Emily, I need to speak with you." Aslan says. I nod and follow him into his tent.

"My promise to the Witch was that I'd take your brother's place. I know what I'm doing. But as of tonight and most of tomorrow, which is the day of the war, the army is under your control." Aslan tells me. I frown.

"But Aslan..." I begin.

"No. Don't worry about me. Tomorrow, early in the morning, you are to create a battle plan with Orieus. Understood?" Aslan asks. I bow my head.

"Yes, Sir." I reply.

"Good, dear one. Go get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow." Aslan says. I nod and hug him before going to my tent. I place my sword, shield, and necklace next to my bed. I climb in and stare at the top of my tent for a while before falling asleep.

*TIME LAPSE*

I wake up to find Edmund shaking me.

"Aslan's dead." Edmund tells me with a frown.

"I know. He told me what was going to happen yesterday. He left the army to me." I yawn sadly.

"Oh no. Peter has already started planning though." Edmund says. I jump out of bed and pull on my war armor, latch my sword to my waist, put my shield on my back, and clasp my necklace around my neck. I hurry out to find Peter looking at the map. He looks nervous.

"Peter." I say. He looks at me.

"Hi, Em. Have you come to help?" Peter asks. I shake my head.

"Peter, Aslan left the army to me yesterday. You don't have to do anything other than stand by my side during the battle." I tell him. He shakes his head.

"Why would he leave the army to an 11 year old? That's just silly." Peter says before looking back down at the map.

"You're not his second, Peter. And before you do anything rash. You're not my second either must I remind you. This is my responsibility. Go put your armor on and help Edmund put his on. I have a battle to plan." I say. Peter growls and storms off. Edmund hurries after him.

"What are your orders, Your Majesty?" Orieus asks. I look down at the map and realize that if I do one thing wrong, I could end up losing many troops. Peter and Edmund come back.

"Peter. You can help me plan this battle. I'm going to need another opinion on my strategy. You too, Ed." I say. Peter smiles and stands next to me. Edmund stands on my other side. And so we begin to plan the battle.

*TIME LAPSE*

I sit on my horse in between Orieus and Peter. A griffin dives down to us and lands beside Peter.

"They've come, Your Majesty. In numbers and weapons far greater than our own." The griffin says.

"Numbers do not win a battle." Orieus says. I sigh and was as the Witch's army comes slightly into view.

"No. But I'm sure they help." I say. Peter nods in agreement. Hopefully our strategy works.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! Next Chapter is the big battle!!! I hope you're excited!!! And I really hope you liked this Chapter!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless