Chapter 9

Emily P.O.V

Susan and I freeze as we hear a strange noise. We look out the door only to see a bird in a tree.

"Did that bird just, 'psst', at us?" I ask. Susan gives me a knowing look and we all head outside.

"Psst." The voice says again. Then a twig snaps. I pull Lucy and Susan behind me. Suddenly a beaver comes into view and I relax. I walk forward and bend down in front of the beaver.

"Um. Hello." I say. Susan, Peter, and Edmund look at me as if I've gone crazy. And maybe I have. I mean, I'm talking to a beaver!

"Who are you?" The beaver asks. My siblings' eyes widen. Lucy only laughs at their reactions.

"I'm Emily Pevensie. Lucy is my little sister." I reply. He perks up.

"Is Lucy Pevensie here?" The beaver asks. I look over at my youngest sibling and she walks over to us. The beaver hands her a hankie.

"This is the hankie I gave Mr..." Lucy begins.

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took 'im." The beaver tells Lucy.

"Is he alright?" Lucy asks. The beaver looks around.

"Farther in." The beaver says and starts to walk off. Lucy, Peter, and I start to follow him.

"What're you doing?" Susan asks.

"He said he knows the fawn." Peter says.

"No she's right. I mean, how do you know we can trust him?" Edmund asks. Something is up with Edmund. And I'm determined to find out what it is.

"Is everything alright?" The beaver asks. I turn to him.

"Yes, we were just talking." I reply.

"Better get going, they're listening." The beaver grumbles before turning and walking off again.

"He means the trees." Lucy tells us. I glance at Susan and Edmund before grabbing Lucy's hand and following the beaver. Peter is right behind us. Next is Susan, then Edmund.

"It's not quite finished yet." The beaver tells us.

"It's lovely." Lucy and I say when the dam comes into view. Smoke comes out of the chimney.

"Ah blie me! 'Ol gal's got the kettle on! Fancy a nice cup of Rosie Ley?" The beaver asks. We smile at him. We make our way down the mountain side.

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find out that you were out with Badger again I'll...Oh my...Those are no badgers. Oh I thought I'd never live to see this day. Look at my fur, you couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" Mrs. Beaver hisses at her husband.

"If I knew they would be here I would've given you a week if that would be any help." Mr. Beaver says.

"Oh come on in, dears. We'll get you something to eat and some civilized company." Mrs. Beaver says. We follow her inside.

"Fish and chips." Mrs. Beaver says as she places a plate on the table. Lucy and I glance at each other as we all take our seats around the table. Although Edmund sits on the staircase instead.

"But there's lots of hope, dear." Mrs. Beaver says and places a paw on Lucy's hand. Mr. Beaver spits out his drink.

"Yeah! Bucket loads of hope!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. Our attention sticks to Mr. Beaver.

"Aslan's on the move." Mr. Beaver tells us. Edmund stands up and walks over to us.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asks. Mr. Beaver bursts out laughing.

"Who's Aslan? Oh you cheeky little blie hart." Mr. Beaver laughs. I raise an eyebrow at him. Mrs. Beaver smacks her husband.

"You're serious? You don't know?" Mr. Beaver asks in shock.

"Well we haven't exactly been here that long." Peter says.

"Well he's only the top geezer, the real king of Narnia." Mr. Beaver tells us, hoping it would come to us after a while.

"You see, he's been awhile for a long while." Mrs. Beaver tells us.

"But he's come back! And he's waitin' for ya at the stone table!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. My eyes widen.

"He's waiting for us?" I ask in shock. Mr. Beaver puts his cup down.

"You're bloomin' joking!" Mr. Beaver exclaims before turning to his wife. "They don't even know about the prophecy!"

"Well then." Mrs. Beaver says and gestures to us. Mr. Beaver sighs and turns back to us.

"Look. Tumnus arrest. The Secret Police. It's all that maybe because of you." Mr. Beaver says.

"So you're blaming us?" Susan asks. Mrs. Beaver shakes her head.

"No no! Not blaming! Thanking you!" Mrs. Beaver corrects my older sister.

"There's a prophecy. When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone, seek Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done." Mr. Beaver tells us.

"You know that doesn't exactly rhyme." Susan states.

"You're kinda missing the point!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. Mrs. Beaver sighs.

"It's long for been told that two sons of Adam, and three daughters of Eve. Will defeat the White Witch, and restore peace to Narnia." Mrs. Beaver tells us.

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asks. I roll my eyes. I mean really, how often is it that a family has two sons and three daughters, Peter!?

"Well you better be, cause Aslan's already figured out your army!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"Our army?" Lucy asks.

"Look, we're not heroes." Peter says.

"We're from Finchley." Susan tells the Beavers. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver give each other confused glances.

"Thank you for your hospitality. But we really should be going." Susan says as she and Peter stand up.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asks.

"It's out of our hands. Let's go." Peter says. Lucy stands up and I stay in my seat.

"Ed." Peter says as he turns around. "Ed?"

I look around frantically for my younger brother.

"I'm gonna kill him." Peter says.

"You may not have to. Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?" Mr. Beaver asks.

---------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's the next Chapter!!! I do hope you enjoyed it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless