Chapter 30

Emily P.O.V

I sit on a stool as a few of Prunapresmia's outfitters fix me up for Caspian's coronation. I've been constantly thinking about what Aslan said yesterday. I mean my siblings leave tomorrow. I look in the mirror and smile. For once I actually admit that I look pretty.

I smile and thank the outfitters before going to Susan's room

I smile and thank the outfitters before going to Susan's room. I knock on the door.

"Come in." Susan says. I open the door and enter, closing the door behind me.

"Oh my gosh, Emily! You look amazing!" Susan exclaims. Lucy looks at me.

"Caspian will be staring at you all day." Lucy giggles. I blush.

"Well you both look beautiful too. Hey I need to tell you both something." I tell them. They give me worried looks. I can't do this to them. I can't tell them that I'm staying here with Caspian.

"What is it, Em?" Susan asks.

"Um. I um. I forget. I'll probably remember it later. I'm gonna go check on Peter." I tell them. They smile and nod. I go to Peter's room and knock on his door.

"Come in." Peter says. I enter his room and close his door behind me.

"You look beautiful." Peter compliments me. I smile at him.

"You're looking nice as well." I giggle. He adjusts his collar.

"Peter, Aslan told you about how when you leave...You and Susan won't come back right?" I ask. He looks at me and nods sadly.

"Yeah, why?" Peter asks. I bite my lip. I can't tell him either, he'll be mad at me.

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you knew." I reply. "I'm gonna go see Edmund."

"Okay." Peter says. I hurry to Edmund's room and knock on his door.

"Come in." Edmund says. I enter and close the door behind me. I smile and clasp my hands together.

"Well don't you look handsome." I say and walk over to him. I straighten out his collar.

"You look beautiful, as always." Edmund says. I smile at him.

"Edmund, I need to talk to you about something." I tell him. He looks at me in concern.

"What is it?" Edmund asks. I sigh and pull him over to his bed. I sit on the edge and he sits beside me.

"You know about how Susan and Peter can't come back to Narnia after they leave, right?" I ask. He nods.

"Well, yesterday when I came here with Aslan. He gave me a difficult choice. I can leave with you and our other siblings. Or I can stay here with Caspian. It's too hard to be away from you and the other three." I explain. Edmund nods.

"That's a hard choice. But think of it this way. It's between what's easy and what's right for you." Edmund says with a knowing smile. I smile and poke him.

"Since when did you get so smart?" I ask teasingly.

"Since I have an amazing sister and want to be more like her." Edmund replies. Tears fill my eyes and pull him into a hug.

"Promise me something." I whisper.

"Anything." Edmund whispers back.

"Promise me that you'll never stop being you." I whisper. He chuckles.

"I promise, Em." He replies. A tear falls down my cheek.

"Okay then. You're gonna make my mascara run." I joke before pulling away gently.

"I will see you again...Won't I, Em?" Edmund asks. I sniffle and fix his collar again.

"I hope so, baby brother." I reply. I hear the horn blast the entrance tune for the witnesses.

"We better go." I say. Edmund nods and we hurry to the entrance of the throne room.

"Queen Lucy, The Valiant." Aslan announces. Lucy walks gracefully into the throne room. Caspian looks at me worriedly.

"Are you alright?" Caspian asks. I smile softly at him.

"I'm perfectly fine." I reply. He smiles.

"You look absolutely beautiful." Caspian tells me. I blush and fix his left sleeve.

"And you look handsome as always." I reply.

"King Edmund, The Just." Aslan announces. Edmund walks into the throne room.

"Aslan already announced, and I quote, 'Prince Caspian will enter with the woman he courted'." Caspian says. I laugh.

"High Queen Susan, The Gentle." Aslan announces. Susan enters the throne room gracefully.

"You know, even if you choose to go with your siblings, I will always love you and I will wait for you." Caspian tells me. I sigh.

"I don't know yet. I'd miss my siblings. But if I left with them...I'd miss you." I partially lie. I already know what I'm going to choose. I just want everyone to be surprised when I choose tomorrow. Edmund already knows my choice, but he's supportive so I feel better.

"High King Peter, The Magnificent." Aslan announces. Peter enters the throne room.

"I completely understand, my dear. It's a hard choice for you. You have to choose between the place you grew up in and your family." Caspian says.

"No. I'm choosing between my siblings and the man I love." I correct. He smiles at me.

"Prince Caspian and Great Queen Emily, The Prodigy." Aslan announces. I link my arm with Caspian's and we enter the throne room. Everyone watched us in awe. I release Caspian when we reach his throne. I join my siblings.

"We are here to coronate Prince Caspian the tenth as King of Narnia. So without further delay." Aslan says, nodding at Trufflehunter, whom picks up the crown.

"To the calm eastern wind. I give you King Caspian, The Harmonious." Aslan says. I smile at Caspian when Trufflehunter places the crown on his head. Caspian sits on his throne. Now I know for sure where I'm meant to be. Right beside Caspian, ruling Narnia.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So the next Chapter is the last one for the Prince Caspian story!!! Then we get into the Voyage of the Dawn Treader!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless