Chapter 5

Emily P.O.V

I meet Mrs. MaCready in the kitchen just as she told me to do.

"Ah. Good you're here. This is the list of things you'll be doing. I gave you simple things to do for today. They'll get more challenging as the days go." Mrs. MaCready says. I grin.

"Sounds like fun!" I exclaim. She gives me the list of things to do.

1. Dust the sitting room until the cloth is too dirty to continue.

2. Make your family's beds (including your own)

3. Clean the kitchen counters until they sparkle.

4. Sweep the great room's floor until you have a decent amount of dirt in a pile.

I gape at the paper. And this is considered simple!? I go to the sitting room with a white cloth and begin cleaning the room carefully. This isn't bad at all. I run the cloth over a lamp and then over the table it sits on. The cloth is almost black from all of the dust that I've cleaned. I go to the laundry room and put the cloth in the hamper.

"What next?" I murmur. I have to make the beds. I go upstairs and fix the already messed up sheets on the boy's beds. Ugh. We just got here and already the beds are a mess! I go to my room and fluff my pillows since there's nothing to fix with the bed spread. I go to Lucy's and Susan's room to find it clean. I fluff the pillows and smile.

"Now what?" I mutter. I have to clean the kitchen counters till they sparkle. I walk to the kitchen and grab a cloth. I spray a soapy liquid onto the counter and wipe the counter with the cloth. I continue this for fifteen more minutes. I go to the laundry room and toss the cloth into the hamper. I bump into Lucy on my way out.

"There you are. I've been looking for you. Everyone is outside except you. But I don't like playing in the rain really. Oh, it's raining. I must have been cleaning a long time.

"I'm helping Mrs. MaCready with some things. I have one last thing to do. Would you like to help?" I ask. She nods excitedly and I grin. I take her hand and lead her to the great room. I grab a broom and a dust pan.

"Okay so we will take turns. We have to sweep the broom and dance. When ever you collect enough dirt, the pan girl will hold up the dust pan to signal that it's enough." I say. "And whoever collects the most wins."

"Sounds like fun!" She exclaims. I giggle and nod. I take the broom and start turning round and round and sweep the floor. Slowly, a big clump of dirt is formed. Lucy holds the pan up and I sweep the clump of dirt into the pan. She takes the broom and start doing a funny little dance. But collects a load of dirt. I hold the pan up and she sweeps the dirt into the pan. I sweep the rest of the room and sweep it into the pan.

"That was fun!" Lucy giggles. I smile at her.

"Let's go find Mrs. MaCready. We have to tell her that the chores are done." I say. She nods. I take her hand and we walk into the laundry room.

"Mrs. MaCready!  The chores are done. Lucy helped with the last one. We turned it into a game to make the time go faster. Everything is spotless!" I say happily. She smiles at me and Lucy.

"Well done. You two should do it together more often. Get more things done faster." Mrs. MaCready says. We nod and grin proudly.

"Lu. Let's go play a game of who am I." I say with a smile. She smiles happily.

"Okay! That sounds like fun! Let's go let's go! I love games!" Lucy cries. She grabs my hand and we go to the sitting room. What should I be?

Hi readers! *Or reader*. Put some suggestions in the comments on what Emily should be. Stay classy friends!