Chapter 23

Emily P.O.V

"I've been thinking for a while and I was wondering if you'd...if you'd...forget asking you a question. Emily I like you far more than a friend." Caspian says. My eyes widen in shock.

"Y-You do?" I ask in shock. He nods.

"I just needed to tell you before the war completely started. Incase something happened to one of us." Caspian replies. I blush and smile.

"I feel the same way." I reply. He smiles widely at me. I launch myself at him and he holds me closely.

"So are we..?" Caspian asks, not really sure how to finish his question.

"Yeah. I guess we are." I giggle. Caspian chuckles.

"I'm going to go change out of my armor. It's not that comfortable to wear when relaxing." I say before standing up. Caspian nods.

"Okay. Meet me in the room with the stone table when you're ready." Caspian says. I smile and nod before going to my chambers. I get changed into the dress and flats Caspian gave me for my birthday. Trufflehunter must've brought the two gifts here. I braid my hair carefully and leave my necklace with the vile as the pendant on. I also leave my bracelet on that Caspian also gave me for my birthday. Suddenly there's knock on my door.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Em, could I come in?" The voice of my older sister asks. I sigh.

"Yes, Su. You can come in." I reply. She enters my room and gasps in awe when she looks at me.

"What is it?" I ask as I turn to my mirror to make sure I look okay.

"You look beautiful. Where'd you get the dress, flats, and bracelet thing?" Susan asks. Then she looks at the bracelet again and immediately recognizes it.

"Caspian gave the bracelet to you right?" Susan asks. I laugh and nod.

"He also gave me the dress and flats." I inform her. She smiles.

"I wanted to apologize for how Peter and I acted in the stone table room." Susan says softly. I smile at her and pull her into a hug.

"It's alright, Su. I'm not mad at you. Peter is the one I'm mad at." I reassure her. She sighs with relief.

"So why are you wearing all of those things Caspian gave you?" Susan asks.

"Well, a Queen is to look the part she plays. You and Lucy look your parts. The things he gave me look beautiful so I figured I'd wear them. And besides, Caspian and I got together a good ten minutes ago." I tell her with a big smile as I make sure my hair band that's holding my braid together is secured.

"Really!?" Susan squeals. I nod and laugh. She hugs me tightly from behind.

"We should head to the stone table room though. A Telmarine soldier was spotted at the edge of the woods." Susan tells me. I nod and we make our way quickly to the stone table room. When we arrive, Caspian and Peter are glaring at each other, but Caspian let's Peter talk.

"We need to strike them before they strike us." Peter says.

"That's crazy no one's ever..." Caspian begins. But he notices me and he stares at me in awe. I blush and walk over to him while Susan takes a seat by Lucy.

"You look beautiful." Caspian tells me. I smile up at him.

"Well, your gifts did wonders." I reply. He rolls his eyes at me and kisses my forehead. I blush and giggle. Peter watches us grimly.

"Caspian's right, Peter. No one's ever taken that castle. I've seen the many generations of Telmarines and how other countries had attacked. None have succeeded." I tell Peter.

"There's always a first time." Peter says.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian says. I look at Susan and she hurries to my side.

"And if we dig in, we could hold them off indefinitely."Susan adds. I smile gratefully at her

"I for one feel safer underground." Trufflehunter says, sending me a smile.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done here. But this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb." Peter says. Edmund gives me an apologetic glance before speaking.

"If the Telmarines are smart, they would just starve us out." Edmund says. I give him a small smile to reassure him that I'm not mad at him.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin adds. Peter turns to Glenstorm.

"If I get your men in could you handle the guards?" Peter asks.

"We will go with the attack on the castle. But it is Great Queen Emily who makes battle plans." Glenstorm tells Peter. My older brother growls and glares at me. Caspian wraps an arm around my waist.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy says.

"Sorry?" Peter asks.

"Well you're all acting like there's only two choices. Dying here. Or dying there." Lucy says.

"Haven't you even been listening, Lu?" Peter asks.

"No, you're not listening! Or have you forgotten who gave Emily the signal to kill the White Witch?" Lucy snaps.

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." Peter says back. He turns to me.

"If you make the battle plans, you have to stay here." Peter growls. That's against Aslan's orders! But I give in.

"Fine. But Peter, if you so much as dare to not listen to my plan and you survive the attack but lose the mission, I will kill you myself." I say angrily. Everyone look at me in shock.

"It's no surprise really. You've always wanted my throne instead of the one you have. So if you threaten my authority, I might as well keep you in line." I growl. Caspian gives me a worried look and I calm myself down.

"You head out tonight for the mission." I announce. Caspian goes over to a black shoulder bag and pulls out a rolled up paper. He opens it and places it on the stone table. I walk over to it. It's a map of the Telmarine castle.

"What are your orders, Your Majesty?" Glenstorm asks. Let the planning begin.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! I hope you liked Chapter 23!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless