Chapter 16

Emily P.O.V

The Witch's army starts to advance towards us. I unsheath my sword and once they've gotten a little closer to the center of the huge field, I signal the griffins. They fly over the enemies and drop boulders on them. I look at Orieus.

"Are you with me?" I ask.

"To the death." Orieus replies. I look at Peter.

"Until I take my last breath." Peter tells me. I look at the Witch's army and let out a breath.

"FOR NARNIA!!! AND FOR ASLAN!!!" I yell before running forward. My horse is actually very fast. Orieus and Peter catch up to me. My army follow us closely. I swallow hard as we get closer to the enemy army. I get my shield and sword ready in my hands.

"I can do this." I breathe. We reach the other army and I let out a battle cry before swinging my sword and killing a giant pig looking thing. We continue fighting the enemies. A phoenix flies down and sets a line of fire between us and the Witch plus the biggest part of her army. Suddenly the fire disappears and the Witch gets through on her chariot pulled by two polar bears.

"FALL BACK!!! LEAD THEM TO THE ROCKS!!!" I yell. Our horn blasts and we start to retreat to a more defensible area. But I notice that a dwarf shoots an arrow at Peter but it ends up hitting his unicorn. Peter gets flung of it and his helmet flies off. Orieus notices that I stopped and he follows where I'm looking. He spots Peter and looks at the rhino next to him. They both run at the Witch's army.

"Stop!" I exclaim. Peter watches in shock as these tiny creatures kill the rhino. Orieus makes it to the Witch and starts attacking her. But the thing I feared happens. She turns him to stone with her wand. I bring my horse up to the archers and Edmund.

"Someone get my horse out of here. I have to fight on foot." I say. Mr. Beaver takes the horse and hurries off.

"Ready little brother?" I ask. He sighs.

"No. But I have to fight." He replies. I smile proudly at him.

"Just don't die." I tell him before running into battle. I kill a wolf thing and a hag. We continue fighting but no matter how many we kill, they just don't go down in numbers much. I look over at my younger brother.

"Ed! Get Lucy and Susan! Get them home!" I call to him before getting into battle with a minotaur. Mr. Beaver drags Edmund away. Peter is to my far left fighting two minotaurs with a faun. A flash of blue light distracts me and I turn to see Edmund battling the Witch. He destroyed her wand. She disarms him and stabs him in the stomach.

"Edmund!" I scream. I finish off the minotaur I was fighting and run at the Witch. She pulls Edmund's sword out of the ground. His sword in her right hand and her own sword in her left hand. But Peter gets to her before I do and starts fighting with her. There were a few close calls here and there but so far he's doing very well. But we all stop when we hear a familiar roar. I look up at a cliff to see Aslan. I grin and he roars again. The Witch starts attacking Peter again. She disarms him and knocks him to the ground. She stabs him in the arm with her sword and prepares to kill him with Edmund's. I open the vile on my necklace and put a drop in my mouth. A burst of strong energy flows through me. I run forward and dive at her. My arms around her waist and the top of my head collides with her stomach. Edmund's sword flies out of her hand. I stand up and point my sword at her. Aslan appears in front of me and he nods. I swing my sword down and kill the Witch. I wipe my sword off in the grass and turn to Peter.

"It's over." I tell him. The look of relief spreads across his face. I sheath my sword and run up to him. We share a hug.

"Peter! Emily!" Our sisters call. We smile at them and take turns giving them both a hug.

"Wait where's Edmund?" Susan asks. My heart sinks and I take off running to where my little brother lies, gripping the grass and gasping for air. Susan shoots an arrow at a dwarf that was going to kill Edmund and it hits the dwarf straight in the chest. I sink down next to Edmund and take his helmet off. Peter, Susan, and Lucy sit by us. Lucy pours a drop of juice from her cordial into Edmund's mouth. He stops breathing and we all start to cry. Well, they're shedding some tears and look pained at the loss. But I'm full out sobbing. Not my little brother! Please no! Edmund coughs and sits up weakly. Peter, Lucy, and Susan pull him into a hug.

"When are you going to learn to do as you're told?" Peter jokes. Edmund smiles and turns to me.

"You scared me half to death you idiot! I told you not to die! Then I told you to get yourself out of there! You didn't listen to a single word!" I sob before pulling him into a hug. He hugs me back. Lucy stands up and starts running all over the place to find injured troops from our army and uses her fire flower juice on them. Maybe things will be better from now on.

----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! The next Chapter is the last one for The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe!!! I know we all loved hearing about how Emily rose to power. But hey!!! We get to hear what happens in the next story!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless