Chapter 8

Emily P.O.V

I sit beside Lucy under a tree as she shows me a drawing she made of a lamppost.

"Peter winds up, and he takes another wicket!" Peter exclaims and throws the ball. It hits Edmund.

"Ow!" Edmund yells.

"Oops! Wake up dolly daydream!" Peter laughs. I roll my eyes and run my hand over Lucy's hair. She smiles at me and I smile back.

"Why can't we just play hide and seek again?" Edmund asks. I growl under my breath.

"Well, we could all use the fresh air." Susan replies.

"It's not like there isn't any air inside." Edmund replies. Peter sighs.

"Are you ready?" Peter asks. Edmund hits the ground with the bat.

"Are you?" Edmund replies. Peter throws the ball and Edmund hits it. The ball crashes through an upstairs window.

"Now what have you done!?" I screech and take off running into the mansion. The others follow me. We reach the room with the broken window to see a set of armor knocked over.

"Well done, Ed." Peter growls.

"You bowled it!" Edmund exclaims. I sigh.

"What on earth is going on up there!?" Mrs. MaCready calls.

"It's the MaCready!" Susan exclaims. I take off down a few hallways until we reach the spareroom with the wardrobe. Edmund runs ahead of me and opens it.

"You've got to be joking." Susan says.

"Come on!" Edmund exclaims. I sigh and drag Lucy into the wardrobe. Edmund climbs in after us and then Susan after him. Peter climbs in and closes the door. We start backing up.

"Susan you're on my foot!" Peter exclaims.

"Peter!" Susan yells.

"Ed you're on my toe!" I exclaim.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund shouts back. Suddenly Susan and Peter fall over and land on the snow covered floor. My eyes widen in shock as I glance around the snowy forest.

"It's so beautiful." I gasp as I walk around the two oldest siblings and smile at the shimmering frozen water. Lucy walks over to me.

"It gets better!" Lucy exclaims. I grin at her. Susan and Peter stand up and look around in amazement.

"I don't suppose saying, I'm sorry, will do..." Peter trails off.

"No it won't." Lucy replies before throwing a snowball at him. It hits him in the face.

"But that might!" Lucy laughs. We all grin and start making snowballs and throw them at each other. Then Susan throws one at Edmund.

"Ow! Stop it!" Edmund exclaims as he rubs his arm. I frown at him.

"You little liar." Peter says, walking closer to Edmund.

"You didn't believe her either!" Edmund says defensively.

"Apologize to Lucy." Peter snaps. Edmund stays silent and gives Lucy a side glance.

"Say you're sorry!" Peter orders.

"Alright! I'm sorry." Edmund says nervously. Lucy smiles at him.

"It's alright. Some little children just don't know when to stop pretending." Lucy says smugly. I raise an eyebrow at her. Normally Lucy isn't one to be sarcastic or anything of the sort.

"We should go back." Susan says. I roll my eyes at her.

"Shouldn't we at least take a look around first?" Edmund asks. What is up with him?

"I think Lucy should decide." Peter says. Lucy grins.

"I thought you all wanted to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy exclaims.

"Then Mr. Tumnus it is!" Peter exclaims, walking back into the wardrobe.

"Well we can't go hiking in the snow, dressed like this." Susan says, hugging her arms to her chest. Peter walks back out with a large pile of fur in his arms.

"Then I suppose the Professor wouldn't mind of we took these." Peter says. He hands one to Lucy. He then turns to Susan and hands the next coat to her.

"And if you think about it, logically. We won't even be taking them out of the wardrobe." Peter says as he hands Edmund his coat.

"But that's a girl's coat." Edmund complains.

"I know." Peter says, shoving the coat into Edmund's hands. Peter turns to me last and hands me a beautiful white coat that reaches my feet. I put it on and take a few steps forward. The coat even drags behind me slightly when I walk. Lucy leads the way as we walk through the woods. We then come across a lamppost.

"It's amazing! Is this the one you drew, Lucy?" I ask. She smiles at me.

"Yes, this is where I first met Mr. Tumnus." Lucy tell me. I smile back at her. We continue walking and Lucy goes on about how lovely the tea Mr. Tumnus makes is. But she stops and looks like she just saw someone die.

"Lu?" I ask softly. She tales off running.

"Lucy!" I cry before running after her. She enters a doorway with a shattered door leaning weirdly on only one of its hinges. Our other siblings hurry in after us.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asks. I shake my head.

"I don't know Lucy. I don't know." I reply. I notice a piece of paper pinned two a wall and pull it off.

"I here by arrest the fawn, Tumnus, for high treason. Helping a human and going against the Queen, Jadis. Signed, Morgrim, Captain of the secret police. Long live the Queen." I read.

"Now we really should go back." Susan says.

"What about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asks.

"He was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan replies.

"You don't understand do you? I'm the human. She must've figured out that he helped me." Lucy says.

"Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something." Peter says gently.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal." Edmund says. A twinge of guilt in his eyes. I stare at him. What have you done Edmund?

--------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's the next chapter!!! I hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless