Chapter 11

Emily P.O.V

We walk across a snowy bridge-like thing. We all stop and look at a huge frozen lake with a big forest on the opposite side of us.

"The stone table is all the way through the forest and passes the frozen river." Mrs. Beaver tells us. I look down at her.

"River?" I ask.

"Oh the river has been frozen solid for nearly a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver says. I nod.

"It's so far." Peter says.

"It's the world dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asks. Susan sighs and glances at Peter.

"Smaller." She says and walks ahead with the Beavers. I shrug and hurry after her. Peter and Lucy walk a fair ways behind us. This lake is HUGE. My legs are numb from the snow already. I really want to sit down.

"Come on humans. While we're still young." Mr. Beaver says once we've gotten a little passed half way across the lake.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat." Peter says and lifts Lucy onto his back.

"Let's go! Come on!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy says.

"No! Behind you! It's her!" Mrs. Beaver exclaims. My eyes widen and I take off running. I look behind me to see Peter and Lucy struggling to keep up.

"Go! I'll be alright!" I exclaim and stop running.

"Are you crazy!" Mr. Beaver shouts at me.

"Just go!" I yell. They all turn and run faster. I turn and run in a different direction to lead her away from them. The sleigh chases me. Okay now what do I do? I run into the forest and come to a stop as I realize I'm at a cliff. The sleigh stops behind me.

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" A jolly voice asks. I turn around to see a man in a red suit. I smile. It's Father Christmas!

"My siblings, the Beavers, and I thought you were the Witch. So I wanted to lead the Witch away. But I guess I just got lost for no reason." I laugh.

"You did a noble thing, your majesty. But in my defense, I've been driving one of these longer than the Witch." Father Christmas says. He gestures to the sleigh and I climb in with him. We go through the forest until he suddenly stops. I raise an eyebrow until I see Mr. Beaver climb over a small hill. I smile at him and he smiles back before walking back to the small hill and popping his head over the edge.

"Come here! Come here! I hope you've all been good cause there's someone here to see ya!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"By the way, merry Christmas sir." I say with a smile. He smiles back. My siblings climb out and smile when they see me and Father Christmas.

"It certainly is, your majesty. Ever since you've arrived. Your presence has finally weakened the witches power." He tells me. I smile at him. He pulls the sack out of the back of his sleigh.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaims happily. He chuckles and pulls out a cordial.

"The juice of the fire flower. One drop will heal any injury." He tells her. He then hands her a sheathed dagger.

"I hope you won't have to use it." Father Christmas says.

"I think I could be brave enough." Lucy says. He chuckles.

"I'm sure you could. Battles are ugly affairs." He tells her. She backs up and he pulls out an ivory quiver filled with red arrows. He also pulls out a beautiful bow.

"Susan. Trust in this bow, for it will not easily miss." He says. She accepts the gift.

"What happened to, battles are ugly affairs?" Susan asks. He chuckles and pulls out a beautiful ivory horn.

"You may not have trouble making yourself heard. But if you blow on this, help will come wherever you are." He tells her. She smiles and takes the horn. Father Christmas pulls out a shield and a sheathed sword.

"Peter." He says. Peter steps forward.

"It's time you learned to use these." Father Christmas says. Peter unsheaths his sword and reads the engravings in awe.

"Thank you, sir." Peter says gratefully.

"Emily." Father Christmas says, digging through his bag. I step forward. He holds up a sheathed sword, a shield, and a necklace with a small vile as the pendant.

"Inside that vile is essence of a sun lily. When you feel like you're getting weak during battle, pour a drop in your mouth and it will increase your strength. Once it gets low, it will refill itself." Father Christmas tells me. I smile.

"Thank you, sir." I say as I put the necklace on. Peter helps me put my shield on my back and latch my sword to my waist. Father Christmas puts the sack back in his sleigh.

"Winter is almost over. And things sure do pile up after a hundred years." He laughs. We wave to him as he drives away.

"Wait. He said winter is almost over. And you know what that means." I say, glancing at Peter. His eyes widen.

"No more ice." He says. I nod and help his strap his shield onto his back and latch his sword to his waist. Lucy and Susan quickly put their gifts on. Then we hurry off with the Beavers to the frozen river.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! That's Chapter 11!!! Hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless