Chapter 31

Emily P.O.V

I stand by my siblings after Caspian made his speech.

"I'll go. I will accept the offer." General Glozelle says. He's the man who was going to kill me but hesitated.

"So will we." Prunapresmia says. She walks forward with her son in her arms and her father by her side.

"Since you've spoken first, your life in that world shall be good." Aslan says and breathes on General Glozelle, Prunapresmia, the baby, and Prunapresmia's father. They walk into the tree and dissappear.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths!?" Someone yells.

"If it would be of any help, Your Majesty. I would gladly lead eleven mice through with no delay." Reepicheep says. Aslan chuckles. Peter steps forward.

"We'll go." He says and walks over to Caspian.

"Besides, we're not really needed here anymore." Peter says, handing Caspian his sword. Caspian takes it carefully.

"I shall take care of it until you return." Caspian promises. Then his eyes widen when he remembers that they won't come back.

"That's just it. We're not coming back." Susan says. Lucy frowns.

"We're not?" Lucy asks.

"You, Edmund, and Emily will. At least, I think Aslan meant you three." Peter says. Aslan smiles.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be. But it's alright. One day you'll see too." Peter says.

"Actually, Emily has a decision to make." Aslan says. Everyone look at Aslan in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Peter asks.

"Your sister has grown up just like you and Susan. However, she lived here for a very long time. And she found love here. It is up to her whether she leaves with you or stays." Aslan explains. Everyone look at me.

"I choose to stay. It's not about whether I choose to be with my siblings or the man I love. It's about choosing between what's easier and what's right for me. A very important person taught me that." I say. Edmund smiles.

"Being with Caspian is easier?" Peter asks. I laugh and shake my head.

"No, dear one. Being with Caspian is what's right for me. You're my family and I love you. But I most likely will never find someone I love like how I love Caspian ever again." I explain. Susan hugs me.

"I understand. If this is what you feel is right, I support your choice." Susan says softly. I hug her back.

"I love you, Susan. Don't forget about me." I plead.

"Never, I love you too much to forget you." Susan says. I smile and pull away gently. Lucy launches herself into my arms and I hug her tightly as she cries into my dress.

"It's okay, Lucy. I'll see you again. I don't know when, but I will." I reassure her. She sniffles and nods. I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you, Lucy." I say softly.

"I love you too, Emily." Lucy replies sadly. She releases me and goes to say goodbye to Trumpkin and the others with Susan. Peter hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you. I love you, Peter." I say softly as I hug him back.

"I'll miss you too. I love you, Em." Peter replies. I release him and he goes to say goodbye to a few friends. I pull Edmund into a motherly hug and I kiss the top of his head.

"I love you, Edmund. Behave and remember, never stop being you." I say softly. He hugs me tightly.

"I love you too, Em. I'll see you when I come back." Edmund says. I smile and release him.

"Be good to my sister, she deserves to be happy." Susan says to Caspian.

"I'll love her for as long as I live." Caspian promises. I smile.

"If you ever want to propose, you have my blessing." Peter says.

"Mine too." Edmund says. Caspian smiles at them happily.

"I don't want to be an Aunt yet though." Lucy warns. I burst out laughing when Caspian turns red. My siblings give me one last group hug before walking through the tree and disappearing. A tear falls down my cheek and Caspian hugs me tightly.

Caspian and I ruled Narnia happily for two years. Then at the point of 2 years and 3 months, Caspian proposed. It was a relief to him that he had my brothers' blessings. After he proposed, we gained even more happiness. He also gave me a beautiful engagement ring.

 He also gave me a beautiful engagement ring

We got married a month later. It was a big, extravagant wedding. I wish my siblings would've been there. But ever since the wedding, Caspian and I have been inseparable.

We have talked about trying to have a baby, but with the mission coming up we decided we should wait

We have talked about trying to have a baby, but with the mission coming up we decided we should wait. But when I turned eighteen, Caspian gave me a lovely gift. It was a blank ship. It had no design or color to it at all. So I got to decide what colors it should have and what designs should be on it. I also got to name it. Caspian knew that I loved the ocean, therefore he gave me the ship. In fact we're using it on our quest to find the seven lords that went missing. That ship is called, The Dawn Treader.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's the end of Prince Caspian and the bit that leads into the Voyage of the Dawn Treader!!! I am super excited for this one in particular!!! You'll see why!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless