Chapter 33

Emily P.O.V

I laugh when I see Caspian and Edmund fighting each other with their swords. I have to admit, Edmund has gotten stronger. They swing at each other again but they manage to block each other. After a while they end it in a tie.

"Well done, little brother." I laugh as I hand him a cup of water.

"Thanks." He laughs, taking a sip from the cup. We sit on the railing next to Lucy.

"Emily, do you really think if we keep sailing to the end of the world, we'd just fall off the edge?" Lucy asks. I smile at her.

"Don't worry, Lu. I'm sure we're a long way off from there." I reassure her.

"I see you're still talking nonsense." Eustace says to Lucy as he walks over to us.

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy asks.

"Yes, no thanks to you." Eustace snaps.

"Ah, Eustace! I see you've found your sea legs!" Reepicheep exclaims.

"Never lost them. Just recovering from the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute desolation due to my intelligence." Eustace mutters. Edmund spits out his water.

"I don't think he has a cute anything." Reepicheep jokes to Edmund. My brother smirks and Lucy smiles slightly.

"I'll have you know that as soon as we reach land, I'm contacting British Consul. Have you all arrested for kidnapping." Eustace says before moving to walk away. But he bumps into my husband.

"Kidnapping is it? Funny. I thought we saved your life." Caspian says with an amused look.

"You held me against my will!" Eustace exclaims. I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" I ask. He nods and points at the stairs that lead below deck.

"A-And it's like a zoo down there!" Eustace whines.

"He's quite the complainer. Isn't he?" Reepicheep laughs. I share a smirk with Edmund.

"I believe he's just getting started." I reply. Eustace continues to complain.

"Land ho!" A crew member exclaims. I jump to my feet and hurry up to the steering wheel with Caspian. In the distance, I see an island.

"Get as close to the docks as possible. We'll discuss a plan then." I tell Drinian. He nods.

"Aye, Your Majesty." Drinian replies. I walk back to Lucy and Edmund.

"Let's go to mine and Caspian's room. We can all talk there." I say with a smile. They nod and we go to mine and Caspian's room. Caspian brings two chairs over to the bed so that he and Edmund can sit across from me and Lucy. I bring my sister over to the bed and we sit on it. Caspian sits across from me and Edmund sits across from Lucy.

"So how did Caspian propose?" Lucy asks with a big grin. Caspian and I laugh.

"Well, we were walking through the castle garden, talking about our opinion on marriage. He made it seem like it was the last thing he wanted. Then just as the sun began to set, he got down on one knee with the ring in his hand..." I begin.

"And I said, "all of what I said before was a lie. So if you still think marriage is the most wonderful thing to do to celebrate two people's love for each other forever, will you marry me?". And by the time I was done saying that..." Caspian begins. I smile and take his hand.

"I was already in tears." I finish. Lucy awes at us.

"That's so cute!" Lucy exclaims.

"What was the wedding like?" Edmund asks with a smile.

"Oh it was amazing. I wish you two and Susan and Peter would've been there. It was like our coronations but less strictness on formality. And we weren't getting any titles or crowns. Well...we did get new titles." I tell them. Lucy raises an eyebrow.

"Husband..." Caspian begins.

"And wife." I finish. Lucy giggles.

"So did you guys do anything yet?" Edmund asks with a smirk on his face and wiggles his eyebrows. I open my mouth in shock before grabbing my pillow and hitting him with it playfully.

"No! We had this mission coming up and we didn't want to have to deal with me being heavily pregnant on this trip." I reply.

"So you've thought about having a baby!?" Lucy exclaims excitedly. I blush.

"Well yeah, we want both a boy and a girl." I reply. Lucy squeals. And Edmund smiles.

"Emily is growing up so fast." Edmund says, wiping away a fake tear. I hit him with the pillow again.

"Hey! I'm turning 19 soon so that puts me in full charge of you two while you're here!" I exclaim. Edmund rolls his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Mum." Edmund replies. Tears fill my eyes and I pull him out of his chair and into a hug.

"Caz! I want to have a baby!" I exclaim. Caspian smiles.

"We will, just not now. We'll try when we get home, I promise." Caspian reassures me. Edmund hugs me back.

"Well I know you'll be a good Mum." Edmund tells me.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Because you've taken care of me when our parents didn't really bother. You were basically playing the role of both Mum and Dad." Edmund replies. I smile shakily.

"I couldn't just abandon you. You're my baby brother." I reply. He hugs me tighter.

"I love you, Em." Edmund says. I tighten my hold on him and a tear falls down my cheek.

"I love you too, Ed." I reply softly. Lucy and Caspian smile at us.

"That's always been something Susan, Peter, and I were jealous of when we were little. Edmund and Emily were always extremely close. She always did treat him like her own son." Lucy tells Caspian.

"Maybe it's their names. Maybe they were destined to be this way." Caspian suggests.

"That makes sense! First came Emily. Then came Edmund. They're the only two with the same beginning initial. Peter told me that even when Edmund was only a day or two old, making Emily two years old, she was still protective of him." Lucy replies. I smile and release Edmund.

"That's because I was the only one he wouldn't try to bite. He didn't try to pull my hair either." I tell them. Edmund smiles. It's good to have my baby brother back.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's Chapter 33!!! I do hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless