Chapter 7

Emily P.O.V

I yawn and blink as someone shakes me.

"Em! Get up! I went to Narnia again!" Lucy exclaims. I sit up slowly and look at her and Edmund. He shakes his head at me. Lucy runs out of the room and we hurry after her.

"Peter! Peter wake up! Peter wake up its there! It's really there!" Lucy exclaims as she shakes Peter awake.

"What are you on about Lu?" Peter groans tiredly.

"Narnia's all in the wardrobe like I told you!" Lucy exclaims. Susan walks into the room.

"You must've been dreaming Lucy." Susan tells her. I bite my lip.

"But I haven't! I saw Mr. Tumnus again! And this time, Edmund went too!" Lucy replies happily. We all look at Edmund.

"You saw the fawn?" Peter asks curiously. He shakes his head.

"Well...He didn't actually go there with me. He..." Lucy begins and turns to Edmund slowly. "What were you doing there Edmund?"

"I was just playing along. I'm sorry Peter. I knew I shouldn't have encouraged her. But you know how little children are like these days, they just don't know when to stop pretending." Edmund says as he sits on the edge of his bed. Lucy bursts into tears and runs out of the room.

"Oh now you've done it!" I exclaim. Susan, Peter, and I hurry after our little sister. But when we see her crying into the Professor's stomach, we know we'll be in trouble.

"If you children yell another word, I'll have you sleeping in the stables!" Mrs. MaCready exclaims as she bursts into the hallway.

"Now now Mrs. MaCready. It's quite alright. But I think this one is in need of some hot chocolate." The Professor says as he sends Lucy over to Mrs. MaCready. The housekeeper's face softens and she guides Lucy to the kitchen. Peter, Susan, and I turn to go to bed but the Professor clears his throat. We turn back to him and he motions for us to follow him. We follow him into a small office-like room.

"It seems that you've disturbed the delicate system of my housekeeper." The Professor states.

"We're very sorry, sir. It won't happen again." Peter says before trying to pull both me and Susan out of the room. But we pull our arms away from him.

"It's our sister, sir." I say. He looks at me.

"The weeping girl." He states. I nod.

"Yes, sir." I say. Susan steps forward.

"She thinks she found a magical land." Susan says. The Professor nods and puts some black powder in his pipe.

"In the upstairs wardrobe." Susan adds. The Professor freezes and looks up at Susan.

"What did you say?" The Professor asks in shock as he guides Susan over to a couch.

"The wardrobe, upstairs." Peter explains slightly.

"Lucy thinks she found a forest inside and she won't stop going on about it." Susan says.

"What was it like?" The Professor asks as he lights his pipe.

"Like talking to a lunatic." Susan replies. The Professor shakes his head.

"No, no, not the girl. The forest." The Professor corrects.

"You're not saying that you believe her are you?" Peter asks.

"And you don't?" The Professor asks.

"Of course not. I mean logically it's impossible." Susan replies. I clear my throat.

"While you two may not believe her. I do." I tell them. The Professor smiles at me. Peter and Susan glare at me.

"But what have they not taught you that she knows?" The Professor asks my older siblings.

"Our brother, Edmund, said they were only pretending." Peter says.

"And normally he's the more truthful one?" The Professor asks.

"Well, no. This would be the first time." Peter replies.

"Well if she's not mad and she's not lying. Then logically. She must be telling the truth." The Professor says as he takes a puff from his pipe.

"So, you're saying we should just believe her?" Susan asks.

"She's your sister isn't she? You're a family. You might just try acting like one." The Professor tells them. "Now off to bed."

Susan, Peter, and I stand up. The Professor holds his free hand up.

"I'd like to talk to you." The Professor says to me. I nod and sit back down. My older siblings leave.

"You believe her, right?" The Professor asks. I nod.

"Of course, sir. She's never made anything up before. So why should she start now?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Now you, I like. You see reason to things. Your mother put you in charge, yes?" The Professor asks. I smile.

"Yes, sir." I reply.

"And you're the closest to Lucy?" He asks. I nod.

"Well, I suggest that you spend most of your time with her. Make sure she keeps her spirit." The Professor says. I smile.

"Of course, Sir." I say.

"Alright then, child. Go get some rest." The Professor says. I stand up.

"Goodnight, Professor." I say. He smiles at me.

"Goodnight, Emily." The Professor says. I go back to my room to find Lucy laying in it.

"Can I stay in here with you?" Lucy asks. I smile at her.

"Of course you can." I reply and climb in bed with her. She cuddles into my side.

"I believe you, Lucy." I reassure her. She smiles and we both start to fall asleep. The last thing I see is Peter walking into my room and blowing the candle out.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I'm back!!! I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!!! Please comment and let me know how you liked it and encourage me to continue!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless