Chapter 36

Since the first island, Caspian hasn't treated me the same. He acts as if I'm fragile and will disappear the moment he touches me. I hate that his fear has gotten to this point, all I want is for him to hold me again. The last time he had me in his arms was when we reunited after he and Edmund broke out of their cell. It drives me insane that he's like this so I'm just standing on the deck looking at the next island that only came into view half an hour ago.

"What's on your mind?" Lucy asks as she appears beside me. I sigh and look at my hands that are clutching the railing so hard that my knuckles are paper white.

"Caspian is acting weird towards me. Have you noticed?" I ask her. She nods slightly.

"I have unfortunately...do you know why he's being like that towards you?" She asks. I shrug.

"I can't be completely sure. But I'm guessing he's just worried that I'll suddenly disappear if he even touches me." I reply sadly. Lucy hums for a bit as she looks down at the water lapping up against the side of the ship.

"The only way it will be fixed is if you talk to him about it." She points out. I puff my cheeks out and shake my head slightly.

"I don't think I'll be able to do that without crying. The past couple of days have been stressful because of this, you know he won't even sleep beside me...he sleeps on the cushioned bench by the door." I admit. Her eyes widen in shock.

"That's crazy! Emily, you really should talk to him about it! If you don't, I'll tell Edmund and he will have a very different talk with Caspian." She warns me. I nod rapidly and give her a quick hug.

"Right! I'll go talk to him. Thank you for helping me Lucy." I say gratefully before making my way to the meeting room, knowing Caspian will be there to plan out what he wants to do when we arrive at the next island. I knock on the door, not sure if he's in there with Drinian and/or Edmund.

"Come in!" Caspian calls. I enter the room and see him talking to my younger brother by the map that's laid on the table.

"Ed, can I talk to Caspian alone for a bit? I'll help you clean that old sword off afterwards." I say gently. He smiles and nods.

"Of course!" Edmund exclaims. I give him a hug before letting him leave the room, sighing as the door closes behind him.

"What did you need to talk about Sweetheart?" My husband asks, not looking up from the map. I clench my fists and press my lips together in a firm line. Do not start crying! Don't you dare! But no matter how many times I inwardly yell at myself to not cry, I still end up letting the tears slip down my cheeks.

"Em? I'm listening, just tell me wh-" He begins, but stops when he looks at me. I don't even bother holding it back anymore, I just release all of the sadness and anger I have as I collapse onto the bench behind me.

"Are you injured!?" He exclaims worriedly as he runs over and kneels down in front of me. I shake my head violently as I continue to sob.

"What's wrong then? Have I not given you enough space to get over the last island? I tried to give you room so you won't have flashbacks." He tells me softly. I slam my head back against the wall, disbelief filling my body now that I know it was my own fault for him distancing himself from me all because of one minor flashback when Caspian had grabbed my arm to help me into one of the long boats.

"Sweetheart, don't hurt yourself! Please calm down and speak to me." He pleads. I look at him, still sobbing loudly.

"Hold me! Please will you just hold me!? I can't take it anymore!" I wail. He immediately brings me into his arms and I cry into his shoulder as I cling to him for dear life.

"I didn't need space. Caz, I just needed you." I tell him shakily. He tightens his hold on me and kisses the side of my head.

"I'm sorry...I didn't know. You were taken away from me and I had never seen you that scared before. I don't ever want to see you like that ever again, especially towards me. You're all I have in this world Em. I'm a king of many people, but I am nothing without you by my side. Do you understand?" Caspian asks me gently. I nod slightly.

"Good. Now let me see your pretty face." He says. I pull back slightly, allowing him to look at me. My face is most likely puffy from crying and my nose and eyes are probably red as well. He takes my face in his hands and gently wipes the tears away with his thumbs.

"Even in the times where someone usually looks ugly, you still look beautiful." He says quietly, most likely talking to himself and didn't mean to say it out loud. I pout and nudge him gently.

"Compliments aren't going to win me over you silly goose." I tell him, letting out a small laugh. He smiles and reaches up to a table behind me and to my right.

"Alright, how about an apple then?" Caspian asks, his smile growing as he brings down a lovely green apple. I hum for a second before smiling and accepting the piece of fruit.

"I suppose this will do. Thank you Love." I reply before taking a large bite out of the apple. He laughs and shakes his head at me.

"It's a good thing I'm the only person who really knows your addiction to apples." Caspian says. I tilt my head to the side.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously before taking another bite. He tucks a few stray hairs behind my ear gently.

"If the entire world knew, then I'd have to ban you from eating them incase an assassin were to poison some." He replies. I grin at him.

"The assassin probably likes oranges over apples so they'd use me as their proof that oranges are better." I laugh. Caspian chuckles and stands up, making me stand up with him.

"Edmund is probably waiting for you, why don't you go help him clean the sword I gave him? I'm sure he'd appreciate the help." He says before kissing my forehead. I nod and make my way out of the room.

"And don't go too close to the railing!" Caspian calls after me. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah! I know! See you later Love!" I call back before making my way down to the main deck. So...I was kinda wrong...but hey, things are all worked out and that's all that truly matters.

-----------------------------------------------
You guys have been waiting a long LONG time for this. So here you go! Life is getting in the way of writing but what can ya do?