02: DUTIES

the night was silent in hanbin's room

the night was silent in hanbin's room. the only source of sound coming is from his phone, there shined bright, the vtuber he always watches. rosins are playing an fps shooting game which hanbin enjoys playing too. hanbin had a little fantasy about meeting his favorite vtuber in one of the lobbies there, but of course since he's in higher ranks, it'll be almost impossible if hanbin barely plays the game.

a deep sigh was released from hanbin's beautiful lips. he brushed his hair upwards as he took a sip from his gray mug. "look at this guys! I'm gonna get the fifth kill!" said rosin through hanbin's phone. hanbin chuckled at the confident vtuber. "go get 'em" said hanbin while giggling. after a long day of filming, rosin's voice is what he needed most. not to mention, sometimes rosin does singing streams, making hanbin's heart flutter more. their voice is angelic is what always hanbin thought.

"hanbin!" a sudden knock startled hanbin who couldn't stop smiling at his phone screen.

"mom!" he shouted, getting out of his bed. the door to his apartment was opened, and there appeared his mom.

"hanbin, my son. how have you been?" the older lady asked with a heartwarming smile. now we know where hanbin got his angelic smile, right?

"It's been pretty good for me mom." they kept on talking and talking until time passed by.

***

"guys! today is another singing stream." the dark brown haired said into his mic. he quickly grabbed his guitar near his desk. he calmly sits on his chair, playing melodic tunes that are pleasant to the ears.

on the other side, sung hanbin who has finished talking to his mom, sat on his bed. his eyes lit up after receiving a notification from his favorite yo*tu*be channel. there he saw, rosin on live, with his avatar in the thumbnail holding a guitar.

he couldn't hide his excitement as he stomps his feet lightly on the floor. the artist covered his mouth with his palm as he couldn't stop smiling after hearing their voice. he bounced on his bed, kicking his feet and punching his pillow. damn, he felt like he is the happiest man on earth. he doesn't even care if rosin is a guy or not, just their voice kept him away from being lonely.

"jeomjeom bultaolla in on fire~ neowa na i bame kkeuteuro ga~" hanbin is on the top of the world right now. nobody couldn't bother him as he closes his eyes tightly and let rosin's soothing voice fill the empty room. 

"fuck... it's so nice." he puts his arm on top of his eyes.

then, a sudden 'ding' surprised him. the notification was so loud because he forgot to lower it down. he knew before what time rosin usually streams, that's why he made his notification sound loud as fuck.

"that scared me..." he rubbed his chest, checking on his phone. his tw*tter notification is filled with updates on the game he usually plays. apparently, there is a new update on the game. that alone made hanbin's motivation to play the game again.

he went over to his pc, tidying his setups that were left there for days because of his tight schedule. filming has become his job nowadays and he had to think of a new idea so that his viewers won't get bored of his content. especially since he's a very popular asmr artist on y*ut*be. the younger only plays games whenever he's on his meantime. the other reason is that he wants to get good to be able to luckily meet rosin in higher lobbies.

"It's been a while but..." he clicked on the update button and wait for a few minutes.

his phone screen was still on because he was still watching rosin that's singing on the stream. while waiting for the update, he laid back down on his bed scrolling through his social media as rosin accompany him.

his social media is filled with praise and compliments. not too long after replying to the kind comments of his listeners, the game loaded to the main screen, meaning that the update is finally done. with a light smile, hanbin reached for his mouse, looking at his friend list which only has like 4 people in it. one is his friend from high school, and the other three are nice random people he met in the game.

after checking the new updates, he finally liked the play. it was a rank match, meaning if he loses, he will get deranked, meaning, further from reaching rosin's lobby. his eyes filled with burning passion, in his mind he thought, "I'm gonna win this."

after a few rounds passed by, hanbin found himself on fire as he top-fragged the match. his determination made him unstoppable. he watched how rosin play too, so he learned many things from a good high-ranked player. 

"bro! chill! why are you so good at this game?" one of his teammates opened their mic. hanbin only chuckled a bit before replying to them with, "you're also good!"

a moment of silence suddenly came over the team. hanbin was confused for a second and then he saw the team chat.

'your voice??? excuse me???'  one of his teammates typed. hanbin's eyes widened because of confusion.

"hm? What's wrong?" hanbin opened his mic once again, only receiving a 'I'm gay' in the team chat, replied by the same person with the username "jjangjjang"

hanbin looked at the scoreboard, seeing 'jjangjjang' fragging below him. "you're really good, jjangjjang" he said.

'my heart just stopped beating, dude' he typed once again in the team chat. the other teammates laughed so hard in their voice chat.

seeing how he got beaten by 'jjangjjang' and lost the match mvp title, he noticed how they're really good. hanbin immediately sent a friend request, ending with them accepting it. they both typed through the party chat, getting to know each other.

'ahh I got beaten by you' hanbin typed.

'I was just lucky! you're the real mvp!' the other replied.

hanbin giggled more as he kept on exchanging compliments with his new game friend. after a few questions, hanbin said that he couldn't play daily due to his job which he didn't specify. the latter said that he also couldn't play daily because of the same reason. at some point, they agreed to have a match again on weekends since they're both free at night.

'do you have a social media that I can message you on? just in case you forgot or I forgot' jjangjjang asked. hanbin was in doubt. should he give them his real social media of course he couldn't since he needed to protect his identity.

he thought for a while. he does have a spare account that's followed by his friends and families. it might be even dangerous, but he barely posts anything there and there are no tagged pictures too so it should be fine.

'@beeeeeen_0613 is my account, you can dm me there' hanbin let out a relieved sigh.

'okay, I'll follow you on my account too.' hanbin took his phone out as rosin stream ended. he opened his inst*gr*m and checked his following request.

'jjangjjang23 has requested to follow you' of course, hanbin accepted his request.

'I need to sleep after this, goodnight and let's play again next time, beeen' jjangjjang said before quitting the game party.

hanbin is excited to gain new friends that don't know his real identity. playing games can be a stress reliever other than watching rosin, that's for sure. maybe he thought, it was finally time for him to spend time with himself too.

after that, he quickly made an announcement on his channel saying that he won't be streaming as often as usual. he did say he will be working on new content and working harder for his viewers.

on the other side, there sits zhang hao who couldn't believe what hanbin just posted.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

🎮

I've forgotten how to write but please bear with my lack of vocabulary 😭😭😭.