05: STUPID

"fuck

"fuck..." zhang hao cursed, pulling his hoodie till it covers his whole face.

"you might faint. i got worried." hanbin smiled so brightly it penetrated the fabric.

"you're this worried for a stranger?" hao gathered his 1% of courage to approach the young man. "is that so wrong?" hanbin asked back. zhang hao groaned, his lips curled down.

"listen. I'll be fine so please leave me alone." when he was about to walk away, he stumbled a bit making hanbin rush towards him, holding his waist before he falls.

"you're most definitely not." he chuckled. zhang hao swore that all of his effort to get away from this man has become useless. fate just like messing with him it seems.

"ugh.." the older might groan in frustration, but there's no denying how small little heart is happy that he gets to see the man he adores all of this time. just, not like this. this is way out of zhang hao's imagination of his first meeting.

"just when I'm looking so damn worn out..." the chinese thought inside his mind. hanbin's gentle hand helped hao to get near a park so he can sit on the bench.

"let's just pretend like we're friends for just today. please, let me help you. here." as zhang hao sat down on the wooden bench, hanbin offered him two triangle kimbab and dumplings. zhang hao was surprised at how hanbin knew what he was about to pick before leaving the convenience store. too embarrassed to ask, zhang hao just accepted his kindness.

"your kindness might get you in trouble next time." the older sarcastically said. hanbin only giggled at his statement as he took a bite from his food too.

"t-thanks or whatever..." zhang hao mumbled, making hanbin's smile wider.

"what are you hiding? I've seen your face already anyway." the korean won't stop looking at zhang hao's face, making the chinese way more embarrassed to lift his hood.

"i told you, you got the wrong guy." zhang hao repeatedly said that again, but hanbin seemed to not care even a bit.

the night wind was blowing hanbin's pretty hair away. every strand of his hair went up in the wind's direction. zhang hao took a peek outside his hoodie to see hanbin chewing his food delightfully with a smile that was so dazzling in hao's eyes. "how could someone be so beautiful?" hao nearly let his thought speak out loud, but thankfully, he managed to hold it in. the self-control is amazing. imagine being in the presence of the sung hanbin and not complimenting his godly looks.

"so.. no introductions?" hanbin asked zhang hao who was shyly eating his food, facing the other way.

"h-huh? w-why... there's no need for that. after we finish our food, we'll go back to strangers again, right?" hao coughed out a bit of his food while trying to ask hanbin a question. he panicked so badly when hanbin asked him to do an introduction. it's not that he doesn't want sung hanbin to know his identity, it just doesn't feel right for him to be friends with someone so popular.

"I'm sung hanbin. i live near him by the way. what's your name? or should i call you pretty boy instead?" he joked. at that time, zhang hao could feel his tension rising, his cheeks glowing red, and damn, he was regretting his choice of not wearing a mask outside.

"t-the fuck? n-no! pretty boy? no! no! never! no..." he coughed once again. hanbin got worried as he hand him a bottle of water for hao to drink.

"i wasn't joking about you being pretty you know? but oh well." he smiled at hao before looking at the night sky.

"dude. you're so creepy..." zhang hao turned away so quickly to drink his water. his embarrassment got the best of him.

for the rest of the night, they both just stayed quiet. the reason for that is that hanbin tried to not start another conversation even though he was dying to know more about zhang hao. he looked at the older being so shy, he couldn't dare to make him uncomfortable with his presence. after both of them finished their food, zhang hao immediately gets up from his seat to rush back to him. when he stood on his feet, about to run back home, he slipped and fell. the road was a bit slippery due to the rain yesterday night. zhang hao swore that was the worst thing that could happen and it happened.

damn it. nothing went according to his plan that night. little did he know, he fell on his butt and his hoodie got lifted, revealing his beautiful small face.

"are you okay?!" hanbin immediately got up from his seat, rushing towards zhang hao and offering him a hand to help him get back up. "you should be careful! it's slippery!" the younger brushed off the dirt on the back of his hoodie, making the older blush more.

"how stupid can i be?" zhang hao thought. his night was a mess.

"are you hurt somewhere?" the korean held both of zhang hao's shoulders in panic, staring deep into his eyes. zhang hao froze, he forgot that his hood came off and he was now staring eyes to eyes with the sung hanbin of his dreams.

"I'm okay!" with that, zhang hao pushed hanbin away, almost dropping him to the ground. the chinese ran as fast as he could, leaving hanbin behind in confusion.

"did i do something wrong?" hanbin thought to himself.

***

"kuan jui! you won't believe what just happened-"

"oh shut up! do you know what time this is?" zhang hao rushed towards kuan jui's room, revealing the younger in his pajamas, ready to tuck himself in bed.

"i- i i-"

"you what?!"

"s-su"

"su what?!"

"h-han"

"han river?" 

"no you idiot the sung hanbin!" hao shouted, punching the pillow on kuan jui's bed.

"sung hanbin! yeah, what about him? did he reply to you too?" kuan jui asked the older.

"no! h-he, i- i... i met him!" zhang hao couldn't stop smiling as he jump on kuan jui's bed, ruining his bed sheet.

"hyung! it's messy again! ugh! what about meeting sung hanbin anyway? don't tell me you drank and how you're drunk?" he nagged the older. zhang hao with his blushing cheeks only rolls his eyes.

"I'm being for real this time and no! I didn't drink, okay? I was hungry and I went out to buy some food, but my stupid clumsy ass made a scene and, and, the strange who happened to help me was an angel, he was sung hanbiccna!" now it's kuan jui's turn to roll his eyes. "hyung please go out, can't you see these dark circles under my beautiful seductive eyes?" the white-haired pushed the older towards the door, asking him to leave him alone since he needs his beauty sleep and zhang hao is not helping.

"if you want to talk about your baby girl then tomorrow is the time, okay? even ricky might be interested in it. not now. I'm really tired and you should rest too. you don't know how red you are right now." as zhang hao stepped out of the room, kuan jui shut the door, leaving zhang hao alone in the apartment hallway.

"now I'm starting to wonder if it happened or was i hallucinating..." he pouted.

🎮

this might be hella cliche and boring at first but pls bear with me mwah mwa