26: MEDDLER

"alright, I'll see you in the morning with the news

"alright, I'll see you in the morning with the news." a tall man with a white shirt, and an expensive watch in his hand, tapped the paper on the table.

"but sir are you sure we should publish this? sung hanbin hasn't given any comments and we're kind of worried it might be wrong." the reporter said, but his boss only glared at him and raised his eyebrows.

"what are you so scared of?" he asked, the reporter looked down at his dirty shoes, not willing to move an inch.

"s-sir his fanbase is large. if we got mistaken for fake news, we might get taken down." the reporter said with a shaky voice. the tall man only sighs, giving the pictures of both hanbin and zhanghao to him.

"we have the proof. what's there to be afraid of? besides, we won't be publishing this under our name. we'll sell this information and proof to someone else that's willing to." the boss looked at his employee one more time before he drank his cup of coffee.

"roger that, boss. I'll be taking my leave now." it was a lie the reporter wasn't scared, but he could only hope that he could save himself. he saw how scary hanbin fans were online, they kept on saying the news was fake and fighting all the homophobic comments regarding the issue.

some of them fought roughly, sending death threats to whoever is going to insult hanbin but the others only fought with words, sending insults here and there.

there sits zhanghao, hands on his chin, cupping his face, filled with worries. thankfully, his face wasn't shown in the picture posted online, but he couldn't help but worry about how hanbin is going to face the public. he must've disappointed lots of his fans, especially knowing he went out with a guy. even if they're not actually dating, it was still worrisome because the public would consume any type of news and switch places fast once they know what to believe in.

"hao. you need to eat your food. i know you're worried about the news, but your health should be your priority for now. you barely ate for three days, how am i not worried?" kuanjui sat down next to zhanghao, placing the plate zhanghao had been staring at for an hour closer to him, signaling him to please touch his food.

"ricky already went back to china and i have my job too. i can't possibly leave you alone when you're like this, hao. please, at least eat your food." kuanjui was concerned about his best friend. zhang hao's condition hasn't been the best for the past few days, he barely touches his food and stream. his fans are worried and have been spamming his account online on both his streaming platform and social media.

"and why didn't you tell your viewers you weren't going to stream? it's been three days," he asked, zhanghao looked at him with teary eyes as he gently hugged the white-haired.

"kuanjui...i feel so lost right now. I don't even care anymore about myself, I'm dead worried about hanbin who hasn't posted anything too. he doesn't stream and didn't upload anything since the last time he saw me." zhanghao said, crying onto kuanjui's shoulder as he pat his back gently.

"hey. i know you're worried, but you got to trust hanbin too. he's a professional. look, I've searched online and there are barely any people talking about it anymore." kuanjui tried to calm down zhanghao.

"really? b-but why isn't hanbin contacting me?" zhanghao went to glance at his phone, grabbing it to show kuanjui his empty notification. he showed his chat with hanbin, but the last time was the text he sent before going inside zhanghao's apartment.

"it's okay. let him take his time, it's his job after all. he needs to calm down and take care of the media too." kuanjui rubbed zhanghao's back, putting back his phone down on the table while grabbing a spoonful of rice.

"here. eat. we're going outside after this." he shoved it inside zhanghao's mouth, carefully so he won't choke.

"mhm..." that was only zhanghao's reply before taking back the spoon, and eating by himself.

"you idiot... it won't taste as good now that it's cold." the white-haired joked, smiling at zhanghao and receiving a smile back.

***

"

so you're planning to buy all this information and proof?" the tall guy from the unknown company asked the reporter, he guessed from another company.

"this is the hot news you're talking about? only this? we don't even know who the other male is?" the guy said, slamming his hand on the table, startling the tall guy.

"what can we do honestly? but this is enough proof to wreak havoc though? this is sung hanbin we're talking about." he smoked on his cigarette, cheekily smirking at the other guy.

"this is not enough, mr. baek. i can't possibly buy this, I don't want my company to be attacked." he shoved back the information and photos, then he left the room.

the tall guy groaned in frustration. "lee, come here. what about that other guy that wanted to buy the news?" he called over his employee that was standing at the back of the room.

"sir, but you said he couldn't be trusted." the employee said, but his boss doesn't seem to give a damn.

"just contact him now. we need to make money." his boss said as his employee grabbed his phone to call on a certain number that was written on a card.

once the person picked up, he greeted him. "hello sir, this is from the xxx company. we would like to consider your offer about buying the news related to the asmr artist sung hanbin?" the employee asked.

"hm. i thought you were not willing to sell it to me. let me make sure first, once i buy this, you guys won't have any more information to leak, right?" hearing the strange question, the employee looked at his boss, trying to get help.

"pass me the phone." the boss said as the employee immediately gave it to him.

"yes hello. this is mr.baek. we don't post news under our name, we sell it only so yes we won't be meddling anymore once you buy it." he answered receiving a small giggle from the person on the phone.

"alright? how much would it cost, send me your bank account number." the boss and his employee were kind of shocked knowing that he would immediately buy it without another chit-chat or even looking at the information first, but they didn't care since they only wanted money in the first place.

"alright you can transfer it to"

"okay. thanks for your cooperation, sung hanbin is going to love this information for sure," he said before finally ending the phone call.

"what a strange fellow. you sure we made the right choice, boss?" the employee asked, he was worried it might be a fraud.

then a ding sound came from the boss' phone as he picked it up, receiving a notification about a big amount of money being transferred to him.

"nope, he did send the money. give the information to his email address on his card." the boss said.

"roger that sir." the employee went out of the room as the boss picked up the card again.

"kim jiwoong. what a familiar name..."

🎮

I'm finally back with another update! zb1 won twice already and I'm so proud of them. i enjoy looking at their updates on their twitter, especially seeing my boys being so happy performing!!!

question of the day is, what's your favorite song from the album? it's really hard to choose but i gotta go with new kidz on the block, it has been on repeat and the performance is really fun to watch!