08: EMOTIONS

there was a brief silence after what ricky said as they both turned away from each other

there was a brief silence after what ricky said as they both turned away from each other. kuanjui looked at ricky but ricky did the same to him. both zhang hao and hanbin were silent, their cheeks were rosy tinted. zhang hao fiddled with his fingers silently as hanbin coughed his way awkwardly.

"w-well! i better get going, i have a place to go!" hanbin lied as he needed to escape since the awkwardness was dominating the atmosphere. with his blushing red ears, zhang hao replied, "y-yeah, g-go on..."

with that, hanbin grabbed his coat from the chair and went outside the door quickly. the chinese didn't even bother to look an eye due to the embarrassment.

"hanbin, you forgot your-" kuan jui shouted, but hanbin was already outside. "wallet... well, this is interesting.." kuanjui continued.

"what just happened?" ricky questioned the older who was still looking outside the window, both of them didn't even know what was zhang hao looking because the street was empty.

"hey hao, he forgot his wallet." kuan jui nudged him so he would look at the younger.

"s-s-so?! w-what do i have to do with it?!" he stuttered.

"obviously give it back to him?" the white-haired said with a sarcastic tone while rolling his eyes.

"why me?! I don't even know where he lives?!" zhang hao panicked as his cheeks were getting warmer and darker in color.

"well i thought you would since you're a mega big fan." again, said sarcastically.

"the fuck?! no! of course not! I'm not a stalker!"

"uh uh...well, you have it since you probably going to meet him again." kuan jui gave the brown-colored wallet to zhang hao who turned his head away, giving gestures that he doesn't want to do it.

looking at his reaction, kuan jui secretly slips the wallet inside zhang hao's pocket on his jacket.

"fine. I'll do my later on." the younger lied with a smile, but ricky saw what he did. he decided to play along and giggled.

"i have a feeling you might meet him again, hyung." the blonde said while chuckling as they exchange glances.

***

hanbin ran away from the cafe, he ran, he really did. his heart was still beating fast, his face flushed, his skin was damp with sweat, and his breathing heavy and labored. when he was running, the wind rushed past his ears, his thoughts were consumed with memories of what happened at the cafe. right then, he was standing in the middle of a park, he didn't even know where he was going as he just wanted to escape the awkwardness and hoped that zhang hao didn't notice how he was blushing due to the sudden pat of the older.

"what was that..." he questioned himself as his heart kept on pounding when he recalled the moment between him and the chinese.