13: GROWTH

"who was that?" zhang hao asked

"oh, it's my friend from canada, matthew. we're childhood friends. he said he was going back to korea to film something with me but i guess he's not coming." the younger explain as zhang hao nodded.

"alright then. i hope the reason is nothing bad. so, do you have any recommendation on what to get for ricky and kuanjui?" the older asked, grabbing his plate and hanbin's. he went to the kitchen and washed the plates.

"hao hyung! it's okay, just leave it be. I'll wash it later." but zhang hao just kept on cleaning until he was done.

"it's okay. it was just two plates. no biggie. so, should we get going?" the older asked hanbin as he grabbed his stuff before looking at hanbin again.

but then he stopped for a second. "but hanbin-ah, are you sure you're okay? i can go back on my own." he looked at hanbin, worriedly. 

"it's okay hyung. i won't crash don't worry." he laughed but zhang hao wasn't laughing alone as he was dead worried about hanbin's condition.

"mhm... but promise me if anything happens, I'll drive and we'll stay at my apartment. you'll be driving back alone after you drop me off so it'll still be dangerous." zhang hao said, then hanbin smiled at him.

"thank you for worrying about me hyung, but i promise you, I'll be fine." he immediately grabbed hao's hand and walked towards the door, then to the elevator.

"let's go." hanbin said, getting into the driver seat and leaving zhang hao in the passenger seat next to him.

"i know this good chinese restaurant." hanbin said before driving off to the location.

***

"young and rich, tall and handsome, but you suck at playing games." said the white hair.

"shut up, it's only one round." ricky said back, putting his controller on the glass table.

"you lost like three rounds already, ricky, come on." kuanjui whined, looking at the younger male who ruffled his hair in frustration.

"I'm still learning, okay?! besides, you bought this game with my money." the blonde said, eyeing the older.

"and? doesn't change the fact that you suck at this, ricky! AND you fought with our teammate too." kuanjui said, pointing his finger at ricky's chest.

"they were homophobic okay?! i did justice for our other teammate." ricky cheekily smiled and kuanjui just tilted his head to the side.

"true... they were saying slurs and all. i hope they get banned." the older one grabbed ricky's controller and put it to the side.

"anyway, where's our dinner?" asked the younger while looking at kuanjui.

"i heard hanbin's voice when we were calling hao hyung earlier. i guess it went well?" both of them stood up and moved to the sofa.