03: FAVORITES

it was night time, around 7 PM

it was night time, around 7 PM. zhang hao was getting ready for his stream. he prepared his water, snacks and camera because he will be streaming until midnight. while waiting for the timer to end, zhang hao grabbed a can of soda and popping it open. the brown haired man drank some of it while setting up his mic.

"haozl, are you streaming?" kuan jui bursted inside hao's room. the older was a bit startled, he turned his head facing kuan jui. "what's wrong? no, I'm not starting yet." hao replied, his eyes still opening wide.

"oh. sorry for suddenly going in. your sweet angel sung hanbin just replied to me." at that time kuan jui showed his phone, hao stood up from his chair so fast, he bumped his toe and then fell on the floor. kuan jui just stared at him with a weird glance, his teeth kind of showing while eyeing zhang hao that's on the floor.

"what are you doing?" he asked sarcastically. the white haired raised his phone a bit higher up.

"wha- huh? you must be joking. that's not funny kuan jui. there is no way-"

"I enjoyed your content! especially your friend with the red hair, he has a talent for asmr!  right here, that's sung hanbin's account." kuan jui read a certain comment in his post about doing asmr with his friends. a little introduction, kuan jui is also a youtuber but he makes random content. the title blogger would fit him more since he does videos like 'get ready with me', 'spicy noodles challenge', 'outfit of the day ideas' and etc. yes, he is also very popular.

zhang hao in the other hand is an introvert. he's quite shy in showing his face even though his friends has already told him million times that his face card is crazy, crazy enough to pull any genders and their moms. kuan jui said that he should make music content like playing the violin which he's very good at, singing and dancing, which he's very good at too. besides, his visual is more than enough to earn lots of fans in no time, but zhang hao just won't listen. he prefers no one knowing his face, he's happy to have so many fans enjoying his content, but again, too shy to show his face.

"see? he even praised you. red haired guy." kuan jui smirked at zhang hao. the dark haired only stared into space, his eyes wider than ever, his jaw dropped so low it can touch the carpet.

"ew, stop. god, you're drooling." the younger lightly slapped hao's cheek, dragging him back to reality.

"h-huh? that's not funny! stop playing with me!" zhang hao whined. kuan jui rolled his eyes and threw his phone for hao to catch. after that, hao saw one particular comment, it's true. the sung hanbin has replied to his friend's content, highlighting him a.k.a the red haired guy and even praising him.

"kuan jui.... am i dreaming?" he slowly looked up to the younger who stared at him for being so weird.

"no, you're not. i could slap you right now if you want more confirmation." hao stepped back, not wanting to get slapped for real.

"no. no. no. I'm good, yeah, I'm good. SUNG HANBIN" he shouted at the end. kuan jui let out an annoyed "aish" as he got startled by zhang hao's sudden outburst of joy.

"give that back. hao hyung, your timer is going to end. go prepare your stream." he snatched his phone back as hao went back to his chair, his eyes won't blink. yep, he's stunned.

"I'll be back after you finished streaming. I'm going to edit this video of mine. let me know if you need anything." just with that, kuan jui stole one of hao's cola that was sitting on his table and left the room.

zhang hao's mouth was still opened wide. him? and the sung hanbin that he dreamed of almost everyday? he got praised? by his favorite youtuber? he couldn't believe it. he certainly couldn't. he was starting to regret not opening a side youtube channel where he can show his face, but at the same time, his confidence dropped down. he knew he's handsome, but to compare himself to the sung hanbin feels illegal. 

"holy fu-" and with that, his timer ended. it was 8 PM, he opened his camera and activated his mic, signaling his viewers that his streams are starting. today, sung hanbin didn't stream, making his mood dropped kinda low. that aside, having the same person replying to his friend's content and mentioning him bring back his mood. he was hyped and ready to top frag every match he will play.

***

"oh. it's starting." hanbin laid back on his chair, monitoring rosin's YouTube channel as he watches how good his favorite vtuber is. he wanted to be as good as him, but he also must focus on his content. he has decided to decrease his schedule, but up until today, his new game friend hasn't messaged him yet. he felt bored.

he thought to himself, should he message them first? tomorrow, his only schedule is making a cooking asmr video. the black haired was planning to bake since one of his fan requested so. while watching rosin play, hanbin looked up a few recipes online on how to make a triple layered chocolate cake or maybe macarons. most of the website he found says that making macarons might be difficult for beginners so hanbin skipped on that. 

after minutes of scrolling down the internet for baking recipes, he finally decided to make a simple dessert, chocolate mousse. he remembered how his friend who's a famous dancer, matthew, will be coming to his house soon for a collaboration. he wanted to give some of it to him as a thank you present.

"aah... my mood was really bad but something happened just minutes ago that made me so happy! an idol of mine just mentioned me in his comment! woah!" the excited tone of rosin made hanbin giggles. he wondered who is that lucky idol to be so admired by another idol he admired.

"maybe i should send a super chat... i want to ask him something." hanbin said and he did. the red colored banner suddenly popped out in rosin's stream screen.

'what content on youtube do you usually enjoy watching?' with that, hanbin's hand trembled with excitement.

"wah! a super chat! thank you so much rosintietie. woah what a unique name. thank you! are you chinese too by chance? hahahaha! aaaah... content that I usually watch... oh! there is one!" hanbin's heart was beating so hard as he got noticed by his favorite vtuber. his cheeks were hurting because he couldn't hold back his smile. he was smiling for 10 minutes straight as he listened to rosin talk about the content that they enjoy watching.

"because I'm a very busy person with the streams and all, sometimes i get tired really easily. to make me feel relaxed, i usually listened to asmr." hanbin's smile dropped. his heart pounding so fast, it's going to burts out from his chest. he doesn't know why, but cold sweat was strolling down his forehead to his neck. damn, the artist couldn't help but assume that his vtuber watches his content. he just had to. he thought that maybe, just maybe... the asmr channel he usually watch is his.

if it isn't, then he needed to step up his game. until rosin says online and called out his name, sung hanbin.

"who do i usually watch? uhm... that's a secret." rosin said, still focusing on his game before chuckling.

"oh come on!!! such a tease! damnit!" hanbin suddenly shouted, even he was surprise by his own loud voice. he immediately covered his mouth after.

later then, hanbin's eye glanced to a certain comment that caught his attention.

'perhaps, sung hanbin's asmr?'

his heart stopped for a bit.

🎮

sorry for the slow updates. it takes a lot of motivation to continue writing and i want to enjoy to the fullest so i can also give you guys a great story!