12: COMPANY

"then, stay with me for a bit

"then, stay with me for a bit." zhang hao blushed at the sudden statement the younger made. he was about to say something back but he looked at hanbin, he already closed his eyes shut.

his eyelashes are so long, zhang hao thought. he looked at hanbin's clear skin, his shiny soft hair, his pointed nose, and his natural eyebags that zhang hao found attractive. he remembered vividly how hanbin smiles, it melts his heart and it always does.

"sung hanbin..." he mumbled softly, gently putting his finger, brushing hanbin's cheek.

with a smile, zhang hao sat down on the floor as he dozed off too. his head lying on top of the sofa.

***

as time passed by, both of them were in deep sleep. zhang hao lacked rest due to the extreme streaming he did before and hanbin also lacked the same thing, but due to content filming and preparations. both of them were certainly tired and didn't want other people to know about it. both of them didn't want to make people worry, especially when those people had to take action for them such as taking care of them when they were sick.

the sky gets darker as the sun finally came down. hanbin's room darkened due to the lack of lighting because before it was bright when the sun was still up.

hanbin slowly opens his eyes, squinting against the soft light filtering through his curtains. he blinks a few times, taking in his surroundings and slowly waking up. as he stretches his limbs, he feels the warmth of the blankets still clinging to his body, comforting and cozy. for a moment, he savors the feeling of being cocooned in his own private space, undisturbed and at peace. at that moment, he realized that there were other warm things near him. he looked down.

it was zhang hao in deep slumber. his soft breath nudged hanbin's hand, his locks dropping onto hanbin's skin. the younger was still in a daze as he couldn't believe that the older stayed with him.

as he sits up on the sofa, hanbin runs a hand through zhang hao's tousled hair, smoothing down any stray locks that have fallen across his forehead. he takes a deep breath, inhaling the familiar scents of his room - the subtle perfume of his laundry detergent, the faint aroma of his books on the shelves, and the perfume the older users. it was a soothing blend of smells that make him feel at home and centered, especially when zhang hao was near him.

He glances over at his bedside table, where his phone rests, the screen still dark. For a moment, he considers reaching for it but then decides against it. Instead, he rises from his bed and walks over to his window, drawing back the curtains to let in the light. Outside, the world is beginning to stir, with the sounds of birds chirping and cars humming in the distance.