CHAPTER 2: LIFE OF A PRINCE

Life of a prince: 2

A silvery voice tore apart the silence that prevailed in the wooden house.

" Mistress, the baby's born. "

" That's a beautiful news to hear in the morning! " The Mistress bloomed with victorious joy.

The arousal of the news spread throughout the kingdom like blooming flowers. 

" Look who's here to meet me, jellybean! The mighty heir of the King . " she picked up the infant, who bawled unrecognisable words to himself with an adoring look. 

" You're going to be the best King in the world, Cookie Pie," she whispered darkly, chuckling at the infant. 

With a rosy hue cast over the evening sky, the little kid ran through the garden giggling to himself, joyfully. 

The pair of beautiful green eyes laced following him.

" Mother! Look at this. I've found a small life! " The three-year-old boy waddled to the lady with a small fly lying dead on his palm. 

She crouched down to his height with her long dress spreading around like the petals of a bloomed flower. 

" This is called a butterfly, Little one. It has wings and it can fly. " 

" But why isn't moving now? "

" Because it's dead, my little Prince. "

" So, can't it move? " he asked oblivious to the meaning of death. 

" My Prince, death is a peaceful destination yet a horrible truth that comes to everyone at their respective time. Their lives come to an end. They can't decline the offer from above but are forced to go along with it. " 

" Can't you get it back to life, Mother? " 

" No, my love. I can't. " 

But suddenly the small fly squirmed and moved its wings aside, flying away as soon as possible when her fingers moved around it for a second, oblivious to the small Prince. 

" Mother! It's not dead! " 

" Everything that seems dead is not really dead, Jellybean. Those are pretending to fool death. Because they're greedy to live their life. Life is a terrific field yet a beautiful lie. " 

" Mother! Mother! Look what I've found for you! " The 4-year-old kid ran up the staircase holding a blue lily in his hands. 

" How lovely... " 

" Oh! Do you like it, Mother? What is it?  " 

" This is a flower. Isn't it beautiful, Jellybean? " 

" Yes. "

" But it can't be like this forever. Since you plucked it out from its living, it dies out of habitat, Peanut. " she smiled, flicking her finger as the flower suddenly darkened but stayed fresh. " But it's still beautiful, isn't it? " 

" Yes, Mother, " His eyes sincerely enjoyed each and every inch of the flower. 

" That's how life is. Even if you're out of your habitat, dying internally, you should be holding up yourself to look stronger. " 

" Mother! I thought I was lost! I thought I lost you! " The 5-year-old kid ran straight into his mother's widened arms after being lost in the big forest.

" You'll never lose me, Cutie pie. I won't lose you either. " 

" What if I somehow got lost like this again? I don't want to be lost! "