CHAPTER 37: VOICE OF A NIGHTMARE

Voice of a Nightmare: 37

Days passed at ease and Ava found herself getting comfortable around Lydia and her son's girlfriend, Hikarina, who was, of course, nothing but so sweet.

The dinners weren't awkward further as Albert Acton, the great adventurer began reciting his childhood stories of how he fought with fantasy creatures and bad people, who tried to kidnap his beautiful wife while Lydia tried her best to stop her old husband from making her blush. The audience was, of course, his grandchildren along with the Queen.

Austin was the carbon copy of his Grandfather as he had been roaming around with a paper sword even in the mid of the dining table whenever his Grandfather came up with a made-up story of how he and his wife lived in the woods for a year trying to find their lost son, Finian, who was caught by a bear and raised by a beautiful guerilla.

Finian made no expression when Austin and Alaia bugged him with questions if he remembered his foster guarilla mother and bear father to which Albert came up with another story that the guarilla was a witch and erased Finian's memories with a wand.

Ava was laughing after days though it was subtle and only audible to the man beside her on the dinner table, trying his best to focus on the food and not roll his eyes at his Grandpa's craziness.

But Ava's constant giggles at the oldy's foolishness prompted Lucas to go along as he was soon found smiling and chuckling often focusing only on the happy and giggly Queen.

Aslan, who had no idea why he was forced again into the Royal family's dinner table, rolled his eyes seeing the King's whipped smile looking at the Queen but still, he also couldn't help tugging up his lips into a small crescent of smile seeing them happy.

" You should be happy often... The happiness looks good on you, " Lucas leaned down to whisper into Ava's ears as she chuckled with a tilt of her head to the side, her eyes playfully asking him: ' Huh? '

" Aww, sweethearts! You should get a room for yourself if you can't stop yourself, Your Majesty, " Hikarina sucked in a loud laugh as she caught the King and Queen talking with each other in hushed whispers often throwing cheeky smiles.

Ava quickly pulled away from the King's side and acted like she wasn't at the table with them and focused her attention on Lucas's tiny cousin, who just came back from running to his mother to take a bite from her egg salad.

" Ms Irwin, please! " Lucas whined suddenly catching one of Ava's hands startling her in the middle as almost all of their eyes were on them and continued: " Let me have some moment. "

" You can sure do it in your bedroom, King Aston. " Her playful remark gifted a smile to the King though the Queen had to try her best to stop the heat rushing up to her cheeks as she quickly yanked her hand away from the King's grasp with a small glare.

#

Entering the chamber after a few hours, Lucas found the Queen already snuggled to the King sized bed in the middle, tucked up neatly, ready to fall asleep in a blink.

But, surely, the Queen wasn't asleep yet as she wanted a tall King to come to bed as soon as possible to swim into the land of dreams.

Lately, they had been sleeping in the same chamber for a while since Ava didn't want to be alone from the night she apologised. Being alone in the enormous chamber didn't help but made her shiver whenever she tried to close her eyes to sleep.

Of course, the first time when in full consciousness, Ava was ready to push the King out of the chamber because of her eradicating heartbeat and the slow tension that started to build up as Ava felt completely weirded out but the creepy silence of the room forced her to the King's side anyway.