CHAPTER 8: SHE'S NOT NYTHERA

She's not Nythera: 8

" Now, can you see the place where you're in? " Elijah asked smoothly, his voice never leaving the perfect state of calm.

" I'm in my home, " Ava answered.

" What's your name? "

" My name is Ava Winslow, " The answer earned a quick twitch from the men except for the King, who already guessed the answer.

" Who all are with you in your home? "

" My brother Xavier. He's...he's writing something. "

" Where's your house, Ava? "

" My house is in Queenstown, "

" So, what do you and your brother do for living, Ava? "

" I work in a museum and my brother is an archaeologist. "

" Who's Felix? How do you know him? "

After a small pause, Ava continued.

" He works in my grand parent's cafe and he was once my classmate. "

" Hmm, good, then where are you really from? "

" I'm from Queenstown, New Zealand, "

" Where did you born? "

" New Zealand, "

" When is your birthday? "

" June 2nd, "

" So, what were you doing before you came to Briston? How do you think you came to Briston? "

Ava's breath slightly quickened but Elijah's calming words soothed her down and after a few minutes she answered.

" I was in Queens Museum. I was supposed to place some ancient items back in their places. I was searching for a place to put a compass back, but I couldn't find the correct cabinet. Then I found a blue door and opened it and I was in Briston. "

Elijah maintained silence and turned around to look at Lucas with a piece of paper that Lucas gave him with the questions he wanted to be asked to Ava. Elijah asked the last question too and now he had no idea how to continue or ask anything further.

Lucas looked at the paper and flicked his fingers and for a split second, Elijah felt something warm over his hand. When he turned down to look at the paper, the questions were completely changed with new ones.

" I don't know what you're doing, " he thought to himself as he then took a step to continue asking her questions.

" Tell me about the Queens Museum, Ava. "

" It's a museum. "

Elijah blinked and look at the paper. He can't take that as an answer to the question and without the answers, he can't ask her the next questions that would be related to the answers. So, he obviously looked back at Lucas and found him slightly smiling.

With a slight flick of his finger, Elijah looked down at the paper again to find a new order:

" Ask her the question again but specifically, "

" So, Ava, what are all the actions that go on inside the museum? How long has it been since the museum was established? Have you ever seen suspicious things?! Who did establish a museum like that? " he asked already gaping at the King as he was sure the Queen would no longer have the right answer for these questions because who the hell knows who established a freaking museum out of nowhere?!

" Several auction event happens in the museum, trading ancient properties and treasures to other countries... " —After a small pause— " I don't remember how long it's been since it was established though I think it must be a half-century ago. I've never seen anything suspicious except for old papers or maps. I don't know who established the museum. "