CHAPTER 5:SHE DIDN'T SEE HERSELF

She didn't see herself: 5

" Oh you're finally awake, we were so worried about you, but I'm so so happy, I'm damn sure you should be pregnant. And I'm going to be a grandmother! Our medical assistant will be here at any moment now, you take some rest, okay? I'll go and inform others, " A lady quickly went away giggling to herself in happiness while she gently sat upright with her hand pressed to her head.

" What happened? " Ava asked herself looking around the room— No, looking around the chamber she was in. It was a huge chamber with a king-sized bed attached to the wall where she was currently laying, wearing a long purple frock that almost covered her whole. The place was extremely unfamiliar, it reeked of luxury from every corner. The entire chamber shined as if it was made out of gold.

" Where am I? Who even took me here? "

Before Ava could find answers to her question on her own, a lady in her mid-forties or fifties walked inside wearing an elegant pink and green creamed dress that looked too astonishing for Ava. She suddenly felt the tension building up in her chest as the woman neared her.

Someone followed her with a small suitcase and the someone gave a bright smile to Ava, getting a seat at the edge of the bed.

" Good morning, I'm medical assistant Gloria, how do you feel now? "

Ava struggled a bit before swallowing the lump as she stuttered out an answer.

" I— I'm—yeah...yeah. B—better... "

" Give me your hand, " Gloria asked and Ava took a quick breath before, hesitantly, stretching her hand that slightly twitched and went unnoticed by the others.

" She's perfectly fine but, Madam, sorry to say, she's not pregnant. " Doctor Gloria said to the smiling lady, whose smile immediately faded while Ava's head shoot up.

" Who's not pregnant? " she thought to herself.

" What do you mean she's not? They have been married for the last seven months and you're telling me she's not pregnant?! " The lady almost screamed in rage while Ava panicked.

" Oh! Wait— Welp—wait, what happened?! Who are you guys?! I'm— I'm not married to anyone! You—you must have mistaken me for—for...someone else! " she wished she hadn't stammered that much, wanting to just cower up in fright wondering if they might ask her to speak again because they weren't paying attention to her talk due to the excess amount of stutters.

" Calm down, I'm not going to throw you out of our house just because you're not pregnant this time. It's okay though, it took me completely 7 years to get pregnant with your husband. " The lady said, sighing, but flashed a smile to Ava, who only looked even confused and bewildered.

What was this old lady thinking about her? Her husband? Who? Since when did someone become her husband? Did someone marry her when she was out of consciousness?

" Take rest, Madam, you need more rest. " Doctor Gloria said before she and the lady left Ava within the chamber completely unbothered about whatever Ava said.

" Wha—what?? What the hell? Ma'am, Ma'am, wait— " she struggled and finally, stepped out of bed and walked towards the door but it was already closed by now. Ava huffed with a frown turning around only to freeze at the exact spot.

For a solid minute, Ava stood frozen like a wax doll while her eyes only widened ever further. There was a huge golden-layered mirror in front of her and the reflection on the mirror wasn't her.

It wasn't her.

" Who's she? " Ava mumbled seeing her reflection in the mirror wearing an elegant long-sleeved purple off-shoulder dress that gripped her body tight and she...was beautiful.