CHAPTER 6: YOU'RE NOT FROM THE FUTURE

You're not from the future: 6

Lucas blinked his eyes trying to comprehend the situation. He expected to see Queen Nythera Aston but an unfamiliar woman was standing inside her bedroom.

The first thing that caught Lucas's attention was the woman's beautiful foamy blue eyes. She nibbled her lower lip and constantly fidgetted her fingers in raw panic.

Lucas remained silent going through everything that his Mum said just before a few minutes, specifically, about his wife while his heart faintly thumped to an unknown rhythm.

" Her Majesty is not feeling well, King Aston, don't bug her with questions. As I told you before, she might've hit her head or something the other day since then she's acting strange. She'll even ask you if you're her husband or what's your name, just don't give up on her. "

He entered the bedroom only to greet her and he was just wondering to make his way out as soon as possible to let her rest. But the situation was different.

" What—what do you mean? I'm—I— " Ava was a stuttering mess. Despite lying to the King, she couldn't perfect the lie as she couldn't recollect what was the name of the real Queen.

" I asked who are you, miss? " he asked gently while meaning no harm to the woman, who frequently blinked in anxiety by stepping back and staying away from her safe zone.

" You—you mean I don't look like Queen Nyra— No, what was her name? " she blinked like a lost puppy, looking everywhere but at the King as if she expected the walls to give her an answer.

" Nythera, "

" Yeah—yeah! So...I— I don't look—look like Nythera to you? " The woman asked, stuttering, fiddling her fingers with the beautiful dress. Lucas looked at her before nodding to her question but he'd never have expected her beautiful eyes to swell with tears all of a sudden.

" Thank God! Oh my— I... I don't look like Ny—Nythera, right? Please—please! P—please, tell me! Tell—tell me, I have grey hair and—and I don't look beautiful! Please—please! Please, sir, I beg you! Tell me I'm not beauti—

" You look beautiful, " Lucas said, his voice softly gracing her heart and giving her a flight of goosebumps, " your grey hair is long and you have blue eyes. You definitely don't look like Nythera. " he quickly added, trying to not make her uncomfortable by his previous statement that sounded too blunt.

" Well... I... I—I don't have long hair but it's—it's fine. "

" Now may I ask you, why are you in our Queen's chamber? "

As if a bomb went off right over her head, Ava suddenly bowed 90° and shut her eyes close hurriedly, cursing herself in multi-languages while her lips too moved, apologising to the King.

" I'm—I'm so sorry! I didn't— I didn't get to make my greetings to you, um— Majesty! I— I'm sorry! Er— Please, accept my apology. Please, don't give me a life sentence for—for appearing inside your castle and into your own bedroom like your wife and— God knows how I did that! "

Lucas's thinned lips suddenly tugged upwards as he shook his head with a soft smile, no one have ever begun rambling before him like a kid instead of answering his question.

" No, you don't have to apologise, just tell me why you're here. " he directed her eyes to hers, she seemed too nervous to look him in the eye after almost urging a King to answer her in anxiety.

" I—I don't think you'll b—believe me! Because—because, hell! I can't even believe myself! This—this is freaking terrific...to stand as someone else who I don't have an idea of who she is, with a bunch of many more strange people calling me their Queen—