CHAPTER 16: NEW LIFE

New life: 16

Clumsy Queen of Briston

Majesty!
I heard you were in your study
I want to talk can I come in?
Sent 15:26

Mr King

Come in
I'm free
Sent 15:27

Ava nodded to the mobile and quickly stood up from the bed, bidding goodbye to Autumn, so she could go back to her place. She quickly got off the sweatpants and shirt before getting into a simple long sleeve gown, so that she could walk around the palace without getting stared at.

Walking out of the chamber, Ava asked Isaac to accompany her to the King's study as the duo started walking to the place in comfortable silence while Ava hummed staring at the bright sky.

She was so broken a couple of weeks ago and the only thing that calmed her mind was privacy.

Lucas was able to give her some as Ava only stepped out of the chamber two weeks ago accompanied by her companions. She was all alone for the first entire four days, only opening the door when the maids brought her food. Lucas contacted her through his old mobile by making a call and fulfilled her wish of staying alone for a while.

But before the two weeks, she stepped out of her chamber to just stroll the corridor for some fresh air as she finally held up herself by putting all her burden on to her lovable God bro, hoping for him to send her back home some time or just keep her fine.

By now, Ava, surprisingly, had grown a healthy friendship with the King of the country and opened up about herself to him. They were pretty good and felt comfortable around each other.

In which, Lucas came to acknowledge that Ava had been a victim of social anxiety disorder. Though Xavier, her brother had raised her with self-confidence and practically, treated away her disorder, finding herself in the mid of nowhere all of a sudden surrounded by a bunch of people made Ava's condition a bit worse. She was yet again vulnerable to those attacks which made her insecure about herself.

Lucas was patient and calm dealing with each of Ava's sudden panic attacks throughout the last two weeks after getting to know about her condition and never once tried to judge her about it as how she dreaded him to do.

Ava was improving like a child in conversing with the King without difficulty and she also noticed many changes revolving around her day-to-day life that improved in small baby steps.

Now the King was hurriedly placing all the important files back into the drawer as he quickly threw his overcoat over the small couch and picked up a mug to fill it with milk. When he was about to make a cup of coffee in the coffee maker, his door was knocked once and his Knight entered inside with the Queen following behind, walking slowly.

Aslan bowed to the King and walked back after slightly glancing at the study, highly judging the process that the King hurriedly went through the place to make it look like he was free for ages.

" Good afternoon, Your Majesty, "

" Good evening, Ava. " Lucas corrected gently smiling. " You look good, " he also complimented to which Ava chuckled, thanking him.

" So, what do you want to talk? "

" Many things. " she huffed before glancing at the surrounding, asking: " Are you sure you're free? I have a lot to discuss with you, "

" Of course, I'm free and anything can wait, Ava. You're my guest and you deserve all my time. So, tell me, "

She nodded and sat down on the couch after the King told her to. He walked back to the coffee maker and took another mug but a smaller one, from the rack, filling it with milk.