CHAPTER 11: WHY DIDN'T I KNOW

Why didn't I know: 11

Lucas entered the nursery of their palace, his shadow lurking around the glistening glass hangings of the walls while the workers bowed, respectfully, smiling up at their King with gratitude.

The glass hub nursery was gleaming with the water droplets due to the roaring sun in the sky while the beautiful greeny plants and flowers were freshly watered and maintained by gardeners.

" Your Majesty, very good noon, " An elderly woman, who looked past 60-70 years old, kindly smiled bowing to the King, who gently smiled back. She was seated on the ground with some mud flower pots around her in which she was stuffing some mud for the unplanted seeds.

" Lady Oh, you wanted to meet me? " Lucas asked, taking a seat beside the Lady, who chuckled shaking her head and seeing his stupidity.

" Get up from the floor, Your Majesty, it's dusty and yes, I wanted to meet you, " said Lady Ohla Cantis, former Governess and one of the Noble woman of Briston.

" No one's going to ask me why I'm seated on the floor, Lady Oh, so tell me what is it? "

" General Dawson said you were acting a bit strange, so, I just wanted to check. " Lady Oh smiled, putting aside the pots and standing up with the help of the King and muttered a small thank you.

" Did he really tell you that? Oh, God, " Lucas groaned rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Nevermind him, what's up with you today, Your Majesty? You look cheerful, "

" Isn't that something worth being happy or sad, Lady Oh? "

" What kind of question is this? The entire kingdom would be in joy if you're happy, "

" Then, yeah, let's consider it as a responsible King of a country who keeps his people happy. "

Lady Oh chuckled at his answer.

" How is it going with Her Majesty? Is she doing fine? "

" She's doing fine. "

" I heard she's suffering from short-term memory loss, is that true, Your Majesty? "

" It is, Lady Oh. " Lucas had his hands folded into his coat pockets while Lady Oh walked beside him out of the nursery.

" So, you'll be leaving to the mount within an hour? " she asked out of the blue and smiled when Lucas rambled.

" Not within an hour, maybe after dusk. " Lucas looked around doing his best to not look nervous.

" After dusk? I hope it does not turn to after dawn, Majesty, " she chuckled.

" I...yeah, yeah, I'll think about it. Now I should go, Lady Oh, see you. "

The elder lady smiled at the path where the King ran into with a small smile as she could suddenly see some spark in the young King.

" No, abort the travel, Sir Grey. The King has his duties before the travel, yeah, over. " Aslan reported to one of their soldiers through the earpiece and let it loose as he saw the other soldiers walking around the corridor, straightening to bow to the King, who happened to walk in through the corridor with some couple of books.

" You guys can go for lunch, yeah, goodbye, " he waved off the soldiers and turned to Aslan with an awkward smile.

" Hello, General Dawson, I think Lady Oh was looking for you, can you go meet her now? "

" Lady Oh can wait, Your Majesty. Her Majesty just finished her...late breakfast and maids went after cleaning the chamber. "

" Oh, "