CHAPTER 25: SHE IS THE ONE

She is the one: 25

Inside the King's study, Lucas was seated over his table. Yes, he was on the table with one of his legs folded in while the other dangled at the side of his table.

Seated before him were four important Generals of the country, including Aslan, who were dedicated and committed to their work.

Sir/General Grey was one of the eldest and most experienced members of their council and the Captain of the Defence Force, who was also known for his great teaching skills that helped the King to grow when he was young.

Madam/General Jasper was a trustable and worthy soldier Lucas had ever seen in his rule. She's the Captain of the Intelligence Agency. He had always been impressed because of her devotedness to her nation.

General Trevor was also a great fighter and a trustable member of the council to whom the King was comfortable asking for any opinion. He's the Captain of the Police Department.

General Dawson, Captain of Infantry and also the King's Knight was there on behalf of his colleague, the Queen's Knight, General Martel, Captain of Cavalry.

Soon the door was banged by a guard and Lucas immediately gave permission when the said guard informed him about the arrival of Elijah Jagger, his physiologist friend who was also his adviser.

" So, we shall start the meeting then. " Lucas announced and stood up walking around the table to go sit on the couch also not forgetting to call the others to take their seats.

" Your Majesty, as you've only called us for the conference, is it something to do with any of the actions of the press people at Prince Dawn's party today? "

" I see you had chased the recent news, General Trevor. " Lucas chuckled at General Trevor's curious, yet, hesitant question.

He always had a separate liking for the young soldier's curiosity. Though he was barely in his late twenties just like his other two knights, this one was something special and too young for his doings.

General Trevor gulped but rubbed his nape, timidly. Lucas chortled but kept it subtle.

" It's okay, there's nothing to do with the party. I called you guys to talk about something else and I need all of you to have your ears open. "

The members nodded getting the hint of seriousness in their King's voice.

" On the way back home, near the Arostyl town, I saw some men trying to kidnap children on the sidewalks and the local police had guessed that it may be of human trafficking. What do you guys have to say about this? "

After a short period of silence to let the matter sink into their mind, Lucas leaned on his seat to take a brief look at their questioning faces.

" Your Majesty, I assure you that we've been receiving a couple of those cases oftentimes. But the cases have been done and we made sure to help those ailing families to get their children back. " General Trevor stated firmly, assuring the King.

" And I, after each of the cases has been closed, with your permission, launched an act to set every part of the country to be controlled and monitored by the Intelligence Agency. We made sure to set up advanced and minute cameras on each part and region that also included streets, tanks, railway tracks and so on. " General Jasper continued after him with a confident nod.

She was extremely confident that the work under her had been doing well the entire time.

The Intelligence Agency was a huge and vast connection of efficient people that could certainly watch the entire country but wouldn't peek their heads into the commoner's or any other's privacy, the writer swears.