CHAPTER 45: TRUE MISTRESS

True Mistress: 45

Thumping his feet repeatedly on the floor, Ignatius threw his eyes open to look at Aslan walking from behind the armchair he was seated on.

" Why do you want to have a tea party in the fu*king midnight?! " he growled when Aslan poured him a cup of coffee, mumbling:

" It's 3 am. "

" Yes, midnight. "

As Ignatius seemed firm in his point, Aslan squinted hard.

" It's the only time the King sleeps with his eyes and mind closed. So bear with it. "

They rolled their eyes at each other and huffed waiting for the other to reach them.

It was not even a few minutes later that Aslan sucked in a frustrated breath and marched to his door, his steps fast and a bit unsteady as if he was carrying himself to do something in an instant without thinking twice. He harshly pulled the door open surprising the younger Knight, who stood on the other side, for a mere second before pulling him inside within a blink.

Isaac flinched when he was pulled into the room out of the blue from the corridor where he had been standing hesitantly for the past few minutes, contemplating on whether knocking the door or just wait for it to be opened or something, magically.

Aslan didn't wait as he simply made him sit on a chair and walked over to sit beside Ignatius on the nearby couch, who squinted his eyes hard at his wavering steps and the stilled Isaac on the other seat.

" We don't have all night to cuss or bite each other. Just listen to me. " clearing his throat to gather himself from noticing what he just did, Aslan sneaked his hands under the seat to pick up the leather-bound old book with some ancient letters over the very first page that read: Mistress

" Where did you get that book? " Isaac, drawn out of the trance by the sheer sight of the old yet familiar book, asked.

He remembered having seen the book back in Kouzlo when he was so small. He remembered Aslan taking the book from the very big rack often to read some pages once in a while without Lady Oh's consent.

Little Isaac had often asked him about the book to which Aslan only answered with a smile saying that he'll learn everything one day.

But Isaac never did.

" From Gramma's collection, of course. "

The pages were swapped hard until Aslan caught what he was searching for. The honey-bound pages were wrinkled and had blotches of something blue here and there.

Ignatius felt a shiver run through his spine when he caught a glimpse of the art on the page. The art was simply majestic.

The page was occupied by a silver diadem with four sparkling topaz engraved to the metal with small little diamonds that added elegance and a polite charm.

" Do you remember this diadem? "

" Yes, it is the ancient diadem of Kouzlo. Reserved for the Mistress. For the Mistress, who's the true mate of a Master. " Ignatius nodded gluing his eyes to the book while Isaac blinked in a daze.

Aslan nodded, elaborating on the origination of the Mistress's diadem. " The first diadem that was supposed to be made for Isabella Osiris, which she never had a chance to wear. "

" But why? "

" Because it, simply, wasn't made for her. "

Aslan looked at Isaac. The rays of confusion and questions over the young Knight's face were keenly waiting for answers.