CHAPTER 26: KOUZLO

Kouzlo: 26

" Your Majesty, " Elijah gave a quick bow before staring at the King, who was seated down on the floor with his sister, Alaia getting ready to apply a peach-coloured gel on her brother's face. The Royal siblings were doing their night routine always as together before Alaia's bedtime.

" Elijah... You're here? " Lucas peeked from Alaia's feet, cutting her nails.

" Yes, Your Majesty, did you ask for me? " Elijah asked after smiling at Alaia, who pouted knowing that Lucas had to go in between their skincare routine.

" I did. Wait a minute, " Lucas said after blowing on Alaia's trimmed nails. " Sorry, Princess. But brother has to go now. I'll make up for it, okay? "

" Yeah, fine. " Alaia still scowled with a pout but let her brother go with a bright smile when he promised her a new painting Canvas.

#

" How's Shizopherina doing? I couldn't get a chance to ask before, " Lucas asked when they were out in private, near the fountain. He signed Elijah to take a seat while he stayed still staring at the vast night sky.

" She's doing great, Your Majesty, the second trimester has been a big task anyway. " huffing loudly wondering about his wife's hectic pregnancy trimesters, Elijah shook his head. " Why did you call me, Your Majesty? "

" I wanted to talk about Nythera... "

" What about her? "

Lucas tilted his head, turning to look at the other, baffled.

" She's been missing, Elijah, don't you think I'm doing an irregular job at searching for my wife? "

" Your wife? It's the first time I'd heard you mention her as your wife, Your Majesty. " he dryly chuckled but the humour was nowhere in it.

" But don't you worry about her? "

" Your Majesty, as long as you're chill about the matter, why should I freak out? She'll be fine, "

Lucas only grew impatient. He couldn't let the thing go like that. He needs a proper answer for Nythera and about Nythera. Though they were never a married couple, they were still something. At least a pair...engaged to each other on terms of some vows that were about to be broken in the exact marriage ceremony.

" Your Majesty, I'm just suggesting. " Lucas nodded at Elijah to continue. " We never took Nythera from Kouzlo, why don't you check her there? "

" Why do you think she'd be there, Elijah? " asked with brows knitted to one, Lucas proned his head at his adviser.

" Because why not, Your Majesty? We don't know what's the matter with Ava Winslow's appearance but thinking from another perspective, Nythera might be in Kouzlo. "

Elijah was right and Lucas blamed himself for not thinking that way sooner.

It was obvious, whoever that travels through the door by accident— Because no one has ever done it, intentionally— ended in Kouzlo, the only universe connected to the magical native of the elders.

" Should we check then? "

" What? " Elijah blinked not understanding when the King, standing up, trudged to the backside of the fountain.

He wordlessly clicked his fingers and stared to his left where the ancient blue door with beautiful inscriptions of stars glittered and gave its appearance to the King.

" The door to the different universe was here all the time in this garden behind the old fountain? Are you serious, Your Majesty?! " It was evident that Elijah couldn't help. He was atop his lungs in astonishment.