CHAPTER 49: MIXED FEELINGS

Mixed Feelings: 49

Once Layla gave a small nod and opened the door wide for the men, Lucas barged into the room knocking off the girls in alarm.

" Make a way, make a way, I want to sit, "

Alaia hissed rolling her eyes as she made herself noticeable to her brother.

" Oh, shut it! You're ruining the mood, bro, "

" I don't care. C'mon, make a place for your brother, " he didn't care but squeezed himself between his sister and the unbothered Knight, who rolled his eyes slightly whining.

" My Sire, I'm afraid this seat is already taken. "

" I don't care. I want to sit with my love. You go to your own, " Lucas whispered trying to push off Isaac, who looked confused.

" What? I don't love anyone-

" Of course, you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't be cuddling his pillow this tight though he acts like a sh*t. " said Lucas with a proud smug smile due to the sudden realisation that hit Isaac's face in which his hands automatically tightened the hold around the pillow. " Sorry but not sorry, you guys are obvious. "

Isaac quickly scrambled out of his thoughts as he immediately scoot away from the Royal couple when he accidentally drifted his eyes off to the older Knight that stood behind the King.

" Lucas, what the hell? You scared him away! " Ava exclaimed, offended while Lucas, with a proud damn smile, settled close to the Queen, making her raise a crooked brow, baffled.

Followed by Lucas and Aslan, Ignatius invited himself to the seat next to Alaia that wasn't vacated yet, calmly.

" I hope I'd not be a disturbance and don't tell my man I'm here if he came asking for me, " yelling loud with a cup of coke, Wulfric Jaguar, the assistant economist, entered the room and took a seat on one of the empty couch while also pulling Isaac to his side with a cheery giggle.

" Hey, c'mon, boy! Let's enjoy, " he cheered to the air and didn't care whether anyone asked him why he was there.

Aslan shrugged his shoulders a bit and walked towards the guys to take a seat beside Wulfric, who flashed him a giddy smile as if he was somehow half-drunk and only wanted to vibe to the dramatic background noise of the movie.

Isaac gulped feeling Aslan's lingering gaze drifting over his shivering hands that he swiftly pulled into his warm jacket.

" Why don't you guys come and join us? Don't mind me, " Lucas requested the girls, who still looked a bit awkward upon seeing the King wanting to watch a movie together with them.

" We're friends! C'mon, I'm dying to watch the movie, " Wulfric whined loudly earning all of their attention while Ava sighed, shaking her head with a soft chuckle.

" Don't bother them, girls. Come, "

Not wanting to refuse the Queen, the girls quietly occupied their places on a single couch that was, thankfully, beside Isaac's seat.

" Now shush it and watch the movie! " Alaia threatened before resuming the once-paused movie that introduced a glorious male's sickening smile at the very first clip.

The living room area had a television screen on one of the nooks with a couple of small speakers beside it. The living room was a bit spacious to include four couches in each corner with a couple of love seats and a beautiful round tea table that was now pushed to one of the corners to make space.

Ava, Lucas and Alaia occupied the couch on the left while the other two couches on the left were occupied by others. Ignatius sat slightly far away from all of the couches but free enough to watch the screen.