CHAPTER 17: NEW CHANGE

New Change: 17

" Alaia, greet your sister-in-law as I said yesterday, she doesn't know who you are. " Lucas talked to the girl, who flashed an awkward smile at Ava while slightly courting down, greeting.

" Greetings, Your Majesty, I'm Alaia Acton, "

" You...you look so beautiful, " Ava said as soon as possible as she felt like the girl needed to hear it and to be honest, Ava didn't know what else to say. She smiled when the princess looked at her, slightly, surprised but quickly thanked her with a slight smile.

" Come in, please, " she showed them the way in and Lucas dragged Ava inside as she, still, seemed a little off.

" You didn't tell me you had a sister! " Ava, finally, whispered to the King, glancing at Alaia quickly sprinting to tidy up her sitting area.

" I didn't tell you I had two mothers too, so what? " he whispered back immediately while Ava's eyes flew open.

" Take your seat, Your Majesty, what do you like to have? "

The princess was so polite. She guided Ava to one of the comfy armchairs and quickly cleared her table which was spread with colourful sheets and colouring items. But Ava was quick to notice the colour-tinted paper when Alaia tried to hide it under the cushions.

" You—you like to draw? These are so...so beautiful, Princess Alaia, " she was awed at the beautiful painting on the table as she quickly asked Alaia if she could see them close and the small princess immediately agreed with a big smile.

Not everyone excluding her brother appreciated her painting even her mother and stepmother baffled her for wasting her time on paints and colours like a kid. Oh, yeah, Alaia was Lucas's half-sister, born to the former King and his second wife, the mistress.

" You're good at these. How long have you been drawing, Princess? "

Lucas smiled fondly hearing his sister shyly smiling.

" Since 3 years old. I'm 14~~&~~ now, "

" Wow. You're so talented, I guess, "

" She is for sure. " Lucas agreed. 

They spend some time with the princess and not to lie, Ava solemnly loved Alaia's company, and so did the princess. Though it was hard for Ava to accept the princess's company in the pinch, it wasn't too much while Lucas was always beside her.

Lucas let them be in their own world talking about paintings and unicorns for who knows how long until a maid knocked on Alaia's door, asking for her to go meet her mother as requested.

The couple walked out of the princess's chamber, Lucas smiling at how Ava was talking about Alaia's paintings and sweet behaviours.

He breathed, gifting her a small smile.

" I see you liked my sister, "

" She's...she's so cute, Your Majesty, I'd die for a kid like her. "

Lucas chuckled hearing the mortal Queen.

" Think before uttering things, My Queen, we wouldn't want to lose one of the precious gems of our country. "

Ava blinked but didn't ask him who the precious gem was when Lucas decided to yell all of a sudden startling the living hell out of her.

" Lady Oh! "

" Oh my Goodness, you cannot yell like that when people are around. People might get a cardiac arrest for God bro's sake! " Ava shrieked, her voice raising even than the King's, who only gave her a funny look before continuing his job of yelling at whoever that was.