CHAPTER 27: MASTER OF KOUZLO

Master of Kouzlo: 27

Starting calmly down at the little dragon, Lucas asked. " You know her? "

" I got to know her a month or so ago, Master. She introduced herself as Jagger's sister Nythera. " B immediately answered his Master with a firm nod. He looked confident about his answer.

Lucas hesitantly asked him to take him to her. Now, he definitely wanted to see Nythera as soon as possible.

" She might be in the forest for flower collection Master. " B was talking while directing the way to who knows where. They were still walking through the forest as Lucas thought it wasn't the right time to go visit the people of Kouzlo and chose to keep his identity low for a while.

They entered into an open ground and Lucas noticed a couple of ladies and children roaming around the field with baskets and hats on their heads, plucking off beautiful and colourful flowers while some of them busied themselves in collecting apples and oranges on the other side.

Lucas was standing out of the forest, calmly eyeing the people when he, certainly, caught an attention of a tall woman, who quickly whisked her long black hair to cover her face on seeing the King a few feet away.

She quickly picked up her fruit basket and began to stride away from the group and into the other side of the forest when the man appeared before her.

" Your Majesty? " she couldn't help but choke out and immediately fall to her knees when she directly looked into his eyes.

Lucas sighed and looked around making sure that they were away from other's view, he set inside the forest before calmly calling her:

" Follow me, Nythera, we cannot be seen. "

Nythera, the supposed Queen of Briston, jolted up from the ground and hesitantly, followed him inside the forest. Lucas barely recognised her face. Maybe, he couldn't get to see her for the last two months because of Ava and even before that, he was away for a couple of months searching for his mother.

The only time he last saw her was bidding goodbye on a summer evening when he told her he was about to start a journey to see his mother. It was also when Nythera was completely different from how she's looking now.

Yes, she had long black hair but they were never tied up in a messy bun. He never saw her off of those elegant expensive dresses. But she was in a soft green coloured dress right now that looked simply fine.

" What's going on, Nythera? "

" I never thought you'd find me this soon, Your Majesty. " she finally talked letting out a sigh, pondering in deep thoughts. 

" What are you doing here? "

" I've heard my brother talking with your Knight about this place... I have always wanted to visit this place by any chance... " she meekly expressed her wish with her head hung low, guilt eating her alive as her mind slowly raced back to her brother getting punished or blamed for Nythera's awareness about Kouzlo.

" How have you been? Elijah has no sister, how are you managing here? " Lucas asked, shaking his head aside to shake the thoughts back to his head.

" I... I introduced myself as his sister...and they never asked me how. "

The King hummed. He didn't know what he was trying to ask her or talk with her.

What was he supposed to say?

Maybe a Hi?

Like: Hey, Nythera, how are you? I found my mate after you left and I think I'm falling in love with her—