CHAPTER 46: I'M GOING CRAZY

I'm going crazy: 46

Lady Oh looked helpless seeing the King walk back and forth around the throne room, his once combed hair now messy being tightly clutched between his fingers.

The magnificent throne room was free of people and only held the grieving storm that was exploding inside the King.

" Lady Oh, help me! " he screamed, his eyes as never before swarmed with misery. " I can't control myself. I...I'm going crazy. "

A few minutes earlier, the King of Briston barged through the castle out of nowhere in the middle of the night when he was supposed to be in the conference with the ambassadors. Lucas explained that he was shivering throughout the meeting and couldn't help but think back to Ava's smiling face.

He was not love sick or whipped but extremely scared to the point he pushed everyone out of his zone, who were concerned about the King. He only let Lady Oh near him which was also because he knew no other elder to ask for help.

" This feels different, Lady Oh. I'm slipping out of my control. I- I cannot feel my control whenever she's around. She's- she's- " his words were a jumbled mix since they barely choked out. " I'm... I don't even know that I'm spreading my pheromones out here. I should stop this before it goes out of my hand, Lady Oh. Help me, "

" What about asking madam Ferdoll, Your Majesty? I don't think she'll be opposed to the idea of you finding your mate. "

At the mention of the certain person, Lucas seemed to halt for a blink before he gulped hard, stuttering. " Mother? Mother...she um... She would be happy to hear the news. But she'll ask me to marry her immediately. I- I can't do that. I can't do that to Ava. She has a life out there on her earth. I cannot bind her to Kouzlo. She-she has a life. "

" Your Majesty, you should... You should perhaps try talking with Her Majesty. " Lady Oh tried to persuade the distraught Lucas, softly.

" I can't! " Lucas snapped but immediately apologised shortly after Lady Oh hung her head low, shuddering.

After a calming breath, Lady Oh tried again.

" Your Majesty, please try to consider the suggestion. She will try to understand or we can at least try, "

" To be honest, she sometimes thinks she's maybe imagining things or she's comatose. " Lucas huffed.

Lady Oh had no idea of what to say further.

According to her, mates who found each other could never be apart from each other and they could never stand the thought of letting the other go.

The first Master of Kouzlo who found his mate was standing before her, with tears almost threatening to fall from his once fearless eyes.

All of her belief about the mate concept was unacceptable as the apparent glints of discomfort over the King's face write down different history and she sure didn't know, how the written down facts about the Mate bond were, truly, the basic facts and they had more than a mountain to dig.

" What the hell is going on here?! " Ava's voice suddenly boomed into the vast hall as the gigantic door was pushed open by none other than the mortal Queen, who scrunched her nose like an angry puppy taking a deep breath. " Lucas, what are you doing? Why is Aslan trying to threaten everyone away from the throne room? Lucas, are you okay- " she skidded on her feet on seeing Lucas standing with Lady Oh.

" I- I... Hehe, Lady Oh, tell me you didn't hear me coming in! " she squeaked closing her eyes with her hands.

Lady Oh tilted her head to look at the King, staring at the Queen. The sadness that spread over his face slowly washed away. With only a short inhale, Lady Oh could sense the strong aroma of pleasant and blooming dandelions streaming straight out of the King, spreading the aura of his inner emotions.