CHAPTER 13: MEETING AN OLD WITCH

Meeting an old witch: 13

" Aslan, do you want to come with me? " Lucas jumped down from his horse and looked back at his Knight, who was still seated over his horse, gently combing the horse's fur.

" I'm comfortable just here, Your Majesty, "

" Don't be afraid, Tiggy. Unless you start biting her, she wouldn't bite you back, c'mon, "

" I assure you, Your Majesty, I'm really good, please, get on with your work, " Aslan politely requested, completely, avoiding the King's gaze.

" As you say so, " Lucas chuckled, walking up towards the rock-cut cave on their left with defined steps.

Hearing the faint sounds, a short silhouette emerged out of the cave with a small staff on its left.

" Who's it today? "

Lucas brightened, waving his hand. " Oh, it's Madam Ferdoll's son, Mrs Crackflower. "

" Your Majesty, it's my pleasure to meet you at my house, please, please, welcome, " Mrs Crackflower, the old lady flashed a bright smile and welcomed the young King inside the cave immediately, hurriedly fondling her messy brown medium hair into a bun over her head.

She walked towards one of the corners and washed her murky face, turning to look at Lucas, who kindly smiled back at her.

" So, how are you, Your Majesty? You came alone? "

" I'm good, Mrs Crackflower and no, Aslan is waiting outside. We came alone, "

" Good, good, so what's the matter, My King? How may I help you? " she sat down on one of the old chairs while Lucas stood looking around the cave, spotting herbs and medicines from the forest to keep himself occupied.

" I need two favours from you, Mrs Crackflower. As mother is somewhere in between her travel, my only option is you, "

" Can do anything if it's for you, Your Majesty, "

" Nothing serious. The first one is, you shouldn't tell Mother that I came here to ask you a favour. "

Mrs Crackflower looked puzzled but nodded.

" The second one... I want you to tell me about the multi-universe, "

" I think I can tell you nothing that you don't know, Your Majesty. " she smiled, saying: " You were greatly trained by your mother about everything she could teach you with the time she had in her hands. As you were a fast learner and the best one, according to everyone including your mother, you've learnt everything that we, the sorcerers of Kouzlo know. "

Lucas chuckled.

" No, Mrs Crackflower, I still have things that I haven't learnt about. I know there are 116 alternate universes around the horizon with multiple doors and portals connected to Briston, but the one where you guys are born hasn't been opened since the last war... "

" Yes... The war of 2012 when we lost our only Royal heir, I still remember the great impact we had to go through... How horrible! " Mrs Crackflower exclaimed, her face hardening at the vicious memory.

" Yes... But why is the door locked? " staring at her for answers, he listed: " What if someone comes out of the said portal? And what if the said portal could be interlinked with another universe all on its own...Mrs Crackflower? Because you know, that's the only universe that has the power to withstand a supreme sorcerer's power and let alone intertwine another portal. "

" That can't be possible, Your Majesty. " she paused looking at him. " The portal hasn't been opened ever since the last war as your mother commanded it to be locked from either side. No one dares to overdo her command and why do you ask all of a sudden? Don't tell me the portal to the other world is opened... "