1: Family

THIRD PERSON'S POV
NEW YORK CITY, USA.
12TH JANUARY, 2008.

"Zee, we're leaving without you!" The eleven year old, Aaron, exclaimed loudly from the front door, clad in a black and white flannel shirt with black jeans. The other three members of the family were already in the car waiting for the two.

Zainab was dressed in a baby pink cold shoulder crop ruffled layer top, with a pink floral mid thigh skirt. She styled her brunette wavy hair into a rosette tie back then applied pink lipgloss on her dainty lips.
Sheathing her feet with pink wedges, she grabbed her white and pink purse then sauntered downstairs as fast as she could. She knew she was going to receive an earful from her brother so she quickened her pace.

"Tardiness isn't good, Zee." Aaron frowned at his little sister who looked like an angel adorned in her usual pink outfit. Her obsession with the color pink would surely be end of her one day.

Zainab pouted her lips out in an adorable way then batted her eyelashes at him. "I'm sorry, Aaru." She gave him the puppy dog eyes she knew he couldn't resist. Heaving out an exhausted sigh, he slumped back his shoulders.

"You know I can't stay mad at you for that long." He bent down to her level, and gave her a hug. His smile was quick to fade away when he noticed something about her face.

"I've told you times without number to stop putting on makeup, Zee. You're too young for it!"

"But I'm eight years old. It's just mascara, liner and lipgloss. I love you, Aaru!" Zainab placed a kiss on his cheeks as she ran out with her tiny legs giggling knowing she got away with being late and putting on makeup.

Swallowing the urge to run after her though they were departing in the same car, he threw his head backwards slipping his hands back into his pocket as he moseyed towards the white jeep that awaited him. 

He got into the car and shut the door leaning his head back.

Zainab was by the  door, their five year old sister, Zara, was in their middle while Aaron was by the other door.

"Zee, what did I tell you about wearing makeup?" Her father, Ibrahim, inquired as he stirred the wheels as they departed their mansion.

"Not this again." Zainab murmured underneath her breath with a slight eye roll which went unnoticed by everyone in the car. "I talked to her about it but she never listens to me, does she?" Zara spoke for the first time but was quick to zip up her mouth when she received a glare from Zainab.

Zara was quite the opposite of Zainab. She hated pink and loved the color black. At the moment, she was dressed in a black wide leg jeans, black and white hoodie. Her black sneakers enclosed her feet, then a black turban sheathed her long black hair. Unlike Zainab, she covers her hair despite being the younger sibling.

"If I had seen it earlier, I would've told her to wipe it off, Dad. She's very stubborn, I really don't understand her obsession with makeup, that too at her young age." Aaron hissed passing her a glare.

"Take this, wipe it off this instance!" Dad snapped at her tossing her a box of tissues once they reached the traffic light.

One thing with Zainab was that she's a very sensitive and emotional person and hates being shouted at. Especially by her father or brother. It hurts her a lot.

Tears began rolling down her cheeks as their words replayed in her head. Maryam who was reading a novel  tilted her head backwards immediately she heard their conversation, she knew her daughter was very emotional and had already started her waterworks.