41: The Wedding

THIRD PERSON'S POV

It was a summer afternoon in early august, the day Mabel and Andrews were set to tie the knots. The garden they had selected for the wedding to take place, was a marvellous one. At the end of each seated aisle, floral scented candles hung from naked tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them.

A pleasant breeze from the north rustled in the surrounding shrubs, cooling the guests, family and friends as they took their seats on either side of the walk leading to the gazebo. Sweet strains of classical music drifted through the crowd.

It had always been Mabel's dream to have her wedding in the garden of her parent's farmhouse at Panorama City. She just never assumed that they would ever agree to it, but there they were.

The wedding was set to take place by 11:00am, but due to Mabel's persistence, it was adjusted to 1:00pm. She had a bit of hope that her best friend would show up, but it was shattering her heart as each minute passed by and there was still no news from her.

"Aira?" Mabel called out the moment Aira stepped into the room, where some of the other girls were.

Aira shook her head, a bit saddened by the words that were about to leave her lips. "I'm sorry, Mabel. She's really not coming."

The bride blinked back the tears that threatened to roll down, forcing a smile on her lips as she stared at herself on the full length mirror. "Mom said we should go on with it, didn't she?"

One of her friends nodded in affirmation. She sighed and picked up her bouquet, before the designer adjusted her veil and dress then the makeup artist touched up her face a bit. Aira offered a supportive smile, "Ready?"

"More than I ever will."

The theme song from Barbie twelve dancing princesses was played accompanied by a melodic piano assistance. Andrews looked so handsome clad in a grey tuxedo made from the finest cotton. He was eager to see his wife to be, the man had waited almost three hours and it was finally time to tie the knot.

All the guests rose up to their feet.

The first bridesmaid appeared, then the second and third, followed by the four others. It was finally time for the bride to walk down the aisle. She was adorned in a white DILS KS mermaid wedding dress that was designed to her perfection. Meenah made sure the dress was personally designed by her boss, Mimi. Mabel's blonde hair was styled into a low bun with unrestrained tendrils with some flowers adorning it.

She held onto her bouquet of flowers tightly, gazing at her soon to be husband. Just as her elder brother, Matt, was about to come walk her down the aisle, Mabel unintentionally tilted her head sideways just for her to have the shock of the century.

Of course she couldn't control her expression which caused the whole crowd to look towards the direction her head faced.

A young lady, dressed in an oyster pink A line gown that stopped right above her ankle. It had a high square neckline that accompanied the long cape sleeves that fell below her ankles. Silver jewelries for the job for her wrist, neck and ring finger. The now dark brown hair was curled to perfection as it fell behind her back, the makeup that adorned her face was light but quite noticeable.

The shock on the people that were familiar to her's faces was indescribable. Was it really Zira Sa'eed or her doppelgänger?

She lifted the corner of her lips into the brightest smile ever as she sauntered towards the aisle, where her half confused best friend and best friend's brother stood. "Out of my way, Matt. I'd rather play dress up with Meenah than allow anyone but myself to walk her down aisle." That little sentence she had articulated was enough to know that it truly was Zira.