42: Tijuana

THIRD PERSON'S POV
SEPTEMBER, 2022.

It's been a month since Amani's kidnapping and the only thing that was discovered, is the person behind the abduction. One of the most dangerous mobster and drug trafficker, popularly known as JJ senior. His younger brother was killed by Zira months back.

What they all had no knowledge of before now, was that JJ is one of the most loved and respected man by the citizens of Mexico. He was a dangerous criminal, and it wasn't a hidden fact, but a man that helped people in need. He was feared but cherished at the same time. Nobody has ever seen his face nor do they know of his location. His men were scattered all around the most dangerous city—Tijuana—where it was rumored to be his permanent location.

They had beaten out most information out of Rayan Omar then later handed him over to the police department. Ever since then, they had all been trying their possible best to find her. L wr

For one month, Amani was being held captive in JJ's unknown mansion as per his request. Unlike other the times when she was being kept with her hands and legs tied, in a store room or abandoned building after being abducted, this particular one deferred deeply.

She was kept in a large bedroom that was fit for a queen. Not even her room nor Sarah's room could beat this one. The color schemes are layered and multi-dimensional, but balanced with plenty of warm neutrals black and whites to give the space breathing room. The room was balancing ornate chandeliers with streamlined pieces, statement wallpaper with classic art, head-turning marble with understated, polished woods.

From the antique bed, lamps, candles, candle holder, leaner mirror and other items she had no idea what they were. If one looked out of the ornate window, you would see an overgrown jungle of a garden; brambles and an oak tree with branches like twisted fingers and gnarled, twisted roots protruding from the ground like snakes.

As much as she loved art and the aesthetics of the place, the place irked and drove her insane each passing hour. She feared it and as much as she despised it. Two weeks ago, she attempted to escape but due to how confusing the mansion was, plus the number of men scattered all around the place, it was more than impossible for her to step foot outside. Even if she made it outside, she wouldn't know whether to go left or right, back or front. It was almost in the middle of nowhere.

Amani remained on the carpet, her knees drew up to her chest, her arms wrapped around her legs. She was still on the light blue dress and black dress she wore on the day of Mabel's wedding. She only ate once a day despite the tons of food she received on a daily basis, even more than she normally consumed.

Despite everything, she hadn't miss one salat. There was a bathroom inside the room she was being kept, so it made everything easier.

Her thoughts kept on replaying everything that had happened during the past few months, it was like a real life nightmare that she would do anything to wake up from.

The door creaked open, breaking her away from her deep thoughts. The middle aged woman that normally delivers her food for her stepped in with one other maid behind her. The other maid held a box filled with a dress, shoes, and jewelry, while the older woman held her dinner.

"It's time for dinner, Miss Amani."

"You also haven't worn any of your dresses." The other maid cleared her throat. Thirty one boxes were stacked on the extreme side of the room, each contained the clothes she was supposed to change into throughout the month.

Amani's eyes threw daggers at the two women, rising up to her feet, "I told you not to come back here with any food or clothes, didn't I?" She tossed the tray stacked with food on the floor. The normal Amani would never do that to anyone, talk more of an older woman. But this scenery was different; they were literally holding her captive against her will!