21: The Ranch

THIRD PERSON'S POV
BEL AIR, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.

"Zayn! I think that's her over there!" They had spent the whole night searching the whole area for Amani and it was only after they had prayed Fajr in a nearby masjid, Zira spotted someone that resembled Amani.

The duo hurried to the bus stop just for them to find her sleeping comfortably on the bench. Zayn positioned her on his lap, holding her like a baby. Zira kneeled right in front of her, as she tapped her face slowly till one of her eyes widened then it shut quickly. The sun shone bright. Too bright.

"W-what are you g-guys doing here?" She mumbled her words lifting her head up to meet her brother's face then averted it back to a worried Zira. Before they could talk, she burst into new set of laughter clapping her hands together.

The GBL was a strong substance. She was still under it influence even after sleeping off.

Zayn and Zira glanced at one another then back at Amani. "Did you by any chance drink last night?" Her brither did the questioning hoping dearly that her answer will come out as a negative one.

She pouted then started sobbing without tears. "No. Damen drugged me then also attempted to forcefully take me with him. I begged him not to tie me up, Ayaan. I didn't do anything. Wallahi I didn't.." her sobs became even louder. Zayn clenched his jaw, and tried to pat her back with the little strength he had left.

Damen was a goner. Zayn wasn't the violent type. But when his sister is involved, he morphs into the wildest beast one could ever imagine. He just hoped he wouldn't get arrested again. He had gotten arrested thrice in the past because of how overprotective he was of his sister.

"I'll take care of him. I promise."

"Is this his jacket?" Zira inquired, wondering why she would accept his belonging even after what he did to her.

She shook her head, "No! It belongs to Mr bodyguard."

"Huh?" Zayn and Zira asked in unison. Just how strong was this drug?

Amani sat up then groaned dramatically, placing her hands on her hips. "It's for Mr bodyguard. He saved me from that psycho. He then stayed with me the whole night and made sure I was safe." She grinned like a lover girl lost in her own thoughts. Confusion was still on their faces as they tried to figure out if she was saying the truth or it was just the substance talking.

"I'm just glad that you're okay. I'm sorry for not protecting you." Zira sincerely apologised for the second time this year. And she didn't feel a knot his stomach when she did. Amani was truly something else.

"You are?" Amani grinned.

Zira nodded slowly, unable to believe it herself. She reminded her so much of her sister, that must be why. "Yayyy! You care!" She danced around mistakenly hitting her head on the metal frame of the bus stop. She was once again brought back to her slumber.

"She's sleeping. Why don't you go get the car while I stay here with her?" Zayn suggested. She gave him a simple nod and was about to depart when she turned back.

"About yesternight, if you speak of what had transpired with anyone in my presence or absence. I'll stab you in the chest with a dagger. Got it?" She pierced her eyes into his, fiercely. He couldn't hold up the smirk right at the corner of his lips, "Yes, Ma'am."