9: Houston

THIRD PERSON'S POV
9TH JANUARY, 2022
HOUSTON, USA.

Zira was embellished in a black fitted straight gown which had a one sided slit from her mid thigh down to her feet. It had an asymmetrical shaped neckline which was accompanied by a one arm long sleeved leaving her left hand uncovered. Her feet were enclosed with six inch high ankle strap pumps. The manner in which her hair was done was immaculate.

After arguing with the stylist for more than twenty minutes, she allowed her spray a bit of brown temporary hair dye on some parts of her hair. The tough part was when her hair was curled into tiny curls and packed up into a high curly bun ponytail. Instead of black nail polish, her dainty nails were furnished with black henna. Zira's face was decked up with makeup here and there. It wasn't too light nor was it too heavy, it was just right. Though the scarlet red lipstick that coated her heart shaped lips made her pop out even more.

"You look like an angel."

"If this mission turns out well, I will haunt you down till I have your head for making me look like this." Zira gazed at the person in the reflection. It certainly wasn't Zira. It was another person staring back because this person looked drop dead gorgeous to be her.

The designer almost choked on her saliva due to how venomous she sounded. "B-but you look really pretty." She curved her lips into the fakest smile she could create and that moment. The way Zira was glaring back at her through the mirror just wasn't comforting.

"That's the point."

Aira who had just finished wearing her heels decided to intervene because she didn't want their designer to have nightmares tonight. She chortled nervously. "She's kidding. That's how she is. Always cracking jokes here and there." Aira was dressed in an emerald straight gown that was polished with silver embroideries here and there. It had a Queen Anne neckline that left her bit of her chest in display. Her hair though was covered with an emerald scarf tied into perfection.

"It doesn't sound like she is."

"Because I'm not." Zira belted cynically.

The designer took five step backwards just to ensure her safety because the chills Zira gave her just doesn't sit right with her. "Come on, you make it look like you were morphed into maleficent. Let's have a look."

Zira rolled her eyes before muttering. "I wish." Aira twirled the chair around making Zira face the both of them. Instantly, Aira dropped her purse as she couldn't stop gazing at the beautiful earthling in front of her, her phone almost accompanied the purse if not for the firm grip she had on it.

"Are you freaking kidding me? No seriously, where is the cold hearted Zira and who is this beautiful creation in front of me?" Aira gawked. She took few strides closer to her before cupping her chin with her index and thumb. Surprisingly, Zira still hasn't pushed her away which only means she's nervous. But it's good, that way Aira can be as sweet as she intends to be without the former being mean.

She remained silent as though lost in her own thoughts. As realisation dawned in on her, Aira asked the designer to give them space to speak which she did without waiting for another second. She took the seat next to her. "Hey, are you okay?" She held her small hands in hers.

Zira hesitated for a second before giving in. She needed to let it out of her chest. "I'm not, Aira. I'm really not." She bit her bottom lips to halt a sob from escaping her mouth.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just anxious. It's unusual because I'm never anxious for missions. Maybe because this mission decides my future and if it goes wrong—-" Aira swiftly cut her off.