26: Yordex Software

THIRD PERSON'S POV
12TH MAY, 2022.

"Come assist me, will you?" Zara called out to Aryan who was seated across the kitchen island. She was preparing breakfast for both of them since he deliberately missed breakfast at home just to come here.

He seemed to be lost in thoughts though because a reaction wasn't gotten from him. What happened yesterday evening left him in an ocean of thoughts that wouldn't seem to escape his mind.

"Aryan?" She said again, arranging the cinnamon Polenta pancakes she had prepared aside.

"Yes!" He snapped back to reality flashing her a smile.

"Are you okay? You're lost in thoughts, is something bothering you?"

"I kinda got into an argument with her again yesterday." He stated, because he was sure she knew who he was talking about. At this point in his life, Zara was the person closest to him. Coming from a family that has gone through a lot of difficulties due to simply trusting someone. Yes, he has trust issues and why shouldn't he? He knows of a best friend that once stabbed his friend's back because of greed and love for worldly things.

But with Zara, it was merely just a word with many definitions. He trusted her. He knew nothing about her yet he finds himself with her almost every single day ever since their first encounter. She might be sassy and curt, but she is also kind and sweet. For a soldier, the characteristics she possessed makes it hard to believe she is one.

"What did you do?" She wrapped her arms around her chest, staring at him accusingly.

Aryan raised his hands up in surrender, "Why do you always make me look like the villain?" She gave him the oh really? type of look, attempting to hit him with her spatula but he took a step back.

"Maybe because you are."

"You words wound me, Soldier girl." He placed a hand on his chest dramatically.

"I want my spatula to wound you not just my words!" The next step she took made her trip on her gown, hitting her forehead hard on the edge of the counter.

She touched her forehead with her thumb and index finger as she felt blood prickling down. "Shit, you're bleeding!" Aryan exclaimed, unable to move from his spot as shock consumed him.

Zara stretched the edge of her lips into a small smile, leaning her back on the wall. "It's just blood." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"You're insane!" He rushed into her room, going through her drawers, cupboards and wardrobes till he finally settled his eyes on a small camouflage kit that seemed like a first aid kit. Aryan ran back to where she was, then cleaned the blood, delicately, with a cotton wool.

"Give it to me, I can handle myself." She swiped the new cotton wool he removed from the pack.

"I can take care of myself, Aryan."

Those were Zira's constant words to him and he hated it. He hated it so much that coming from Zara, she sounded so much like Zira. A lot of things she does makes him remember Zira and it was frustrating because he tried so hard to separate the two from one another but they keep interweaving.

The only difference between them was one an angel while the other was a hell cat.

Zara was literally bleeding yet a smile was still donning her face. That's something you'll never see from Zira. He's sure he has never seen her smiling. Zira smiling was Zira not frowning or sending you death glares.

"Give it back. I know you can handle yourself but allow me to take care of you. And I'm not asking for your permission because I'm going to do it anyways!" Zara was in no position to argue, so she let him be. It's not everyday she gets someone that will take care of her. This was a once in a lifetime privilege.