16: Trailed

THIRD PERSON'S POV
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
FEBRUARY, 2022.

Time went by fast as it was already week four of Zira working under The Amir's. After her fight with Zayn, she hasn't been sparing him even the slightest glance for the past week. He tried so many times to grasp her attention or to form a conversation or two but she just wasn't interested in any of it.

Then again, if Arman was to find out about her ignoring him then it would lead to a big matter. He had instructed her to extract as much information she can possible get from him, discreetly. Zira's ego had been wounded and it will surely take some time before it healed.

At the entrance of the museum was Amani, quickening her pace as she spotted their car waiting for her outside the building. "Did I take too much of your time?" She gave an apologetic look as she sat next to her brother at the backseat.

"Obviously." Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Yes, you did. We've been here for more than ten minutes." Zayn snapped, fixating his glare on her.

Amani didn't spare Sarah nor Zayn a glance but the chauffeur. "I wasn't talking to either of you. Uh Zira, I'm sorry for delaying you. I had to give a couple of private high schoolers a museum tour this evening." Amani explained with that soft smile that always melted the Chauffeur's heart.

It was times when they have conversations or one or two encounters that Zira is reminded of the goodness of people. Amani was the sweetest in their family and had already succeeded in winning Zira over. "It's no problem. It's my job to pick you up at your own convenience." Her lips formed a lopsided smile.

"And how about the rest of us that need to get home?" Sarah hissed.

Zira didn't respond. She ignored them said girl and roared the engine to life. As they drove back home, the car was silent almost throughout. It had already started getting dark as it was almost time for magrib prayer.

The grip she had on the wheels tightened. Thank Allah she hadn't drifted off to memory lane whenever an atmosphere was serene. Else, she wouldn't have gotten her eyes on the car that was trailing behind them. Instead of taking the usual route back to their mansion, she turns the car to the left.

"Why didn't you take that turn? Where else are we heading to?" Sarah questioned, curiosity hinting in her voice.

Zira confirmed her suspicions because the black Land Rover was still following them and worst of all, they were the only ones on that particular road.

Shit was about to get real.

"Zira...." Nervousness consumed Amani as she noticed the intensity at which Zira was holding the wheels.

The Chauffeur jerked the vehicle to the left causing the inhabitants in it to jerk their bodies along with it. Zayn had been quiet for far too long so he decided to finally speak because what the hell was going on?

Quite unfortunate for him, Zira beat him to it. "Zayn, I need you to look behind and confirm if that car is trailing us!" She exclaimed with a hint of authority in her voice.

The girls' eyes almost bolted out of their sockets but tried their best to remain calm. Did she just say they're being trailed? How and why?

Zayn couldn't apprehend what was happening, he paused to digest what the hell was going on.

"Zayn!" She yelled this time around when he didn't give her a response neither did he do what she had asked him to do.

"Okay okay!" He nodded before tilting his head backwards. She moved to the right roughly, the other car did the same thing then she moved back to the other lane, same as the other vehicle.