Let The Journey Begin

It was a new morning.The day that everyone was waiting for.All across the world, new trainers start their adventure today.Every aspirant gets their first Pokemon today afterall and in Pallet Town lives 16 year old girl Hiraoka Mayumi.She has waiting for this day since a long time.Starting today she will have to live by herself in the wilderness and survive through the countless challenges on the battlefield.

She puts on her signature black jacket and heads out with her bag.As she is heading out she is stopped.

"Mayumi, are you sure you packed everything?",she hears a rather familiar voice.

"I did mom.I checked through my bag well over 4 times and I am a 110% positive that nothing's left out.",Mayumi looks back at her and answers.

"I still don't know if I can let you out like that... a journey full of adventure... I envy you, kiddo. You definitely won't be alone. You'll have your Pokémon with you.But come back sometimes. I would like to see the kinds of Pokémon you've caught, dear and I would also like to see how much you've grown...",upon hearing this she goes back to her and flicks her forehead.

"Seems like Mommy Shizue is terribly worried about this rebel.You'd better not worry about me or you won't be able to sleep peacefully at night which in return won't allow me to sleep peacefully.Got it?",says Mayumi and finally sets out.

As Mayumi leaves, Shizue leaves a few words for her,"Be a good girl on the road and don't let yourself defeated by some random trainers."

"Will do."

"I should actually be sorry for the ones who will try to defeat you.They won't know what hit them...",she thinks to herself.

Mayumi runs across town and takes a good final look at the town that she has so many fond memories of as she won't be able to witness the sight again for a while and before she could even finish taking a good look at everything, she was already at Professor Samuel Oak's lab.With a confidence she enters his lab.

"Ahh! There you are Mayumi.I've been waiting for you.You already look like an experienced Pokemon Trainer with that confidence",
Professor Oak notices her.

"Professor, I've been waiting too.I hope that my confidence doesn't seem as arrogance.",she replies.

"Of course not.Confidence is required when you start something new dear.I think it won't be good to keep you waiting anymore.",says Oak and walks towards her and shows her the table that determines her future.She walks upto it.

"Here are three Pokemon that new trainers across the region are going to get.The grass type Bulbasaur, the fire type Charmander and the Water type Squirtle.Choose your starter carefully for it is an important decision that is going to lead you on your journey.",says Oak looking at her.She steps forward and picks up the Pokemon that is going to start everything for her.

"Professor, I choose Squirtle!",
Mayumi happily picks it up in her arms.

"Well then, that concludes the selection.All that's left is to give you this Pokedex.",he hands it over to her along with Squirtle's Pokeball along with 5 empty ones for her to use.

"Mayumi, from here on, the road is going to be a harsh one.Who will you meet?Where will you go?What is your destination? It's all upto you now.And remember, always stay on your guard.You already know of the world we live in now.Trainers have resorted to terrible ways to just win and diplomatic relations with the other regions is at its worst right now.And it is a good policy to not incur the hostility of anyone on the road.Understood?"said Oak with a serious look in his eyes.

"Understood Professor.Well that's my cue to leave.See ya!", with that she finally sets out on her adventure.
But before she could set out, she stops by a familiar place in town.This familiar place is the Workshop of Pallet.