Seventh Badge

The soft chirping of Pokémon echoed through the tranquil Pokémon Center, the battle having concluded and trainers now either resting or tending to their Pokémon. As Mayu was about to retrieve her healed Pokémon from the nurse, her Xtransceiver buzzed. Recognizing Riyu's number, she quickly answered.

"Mayu," Riyu's voice sounded urgent, "Raiden's awake."

Mayu's heart leapt in her chest. "Is he okay? What did the doctor say?"

"He's conscious, but he's asking for you," Riyu replied. "He seemed disoriented and kept murmuring your name."

A mix of relief and concern washed over Mayu. "I'll be there right away," she said, hastily ending the call.

Without wasting a moment, Mayu rushed out of the Pokémon Center, her mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions. She recalled the recent events: the intense battle with Brendan, the mysterious grave at Mt. Pyre, and the ominous prophecy surrounding the orbs. But right now, all that mattered was Raiden.

Reaching the hospital, Mayu's footsteps echoed through the silent corridors. The sterile scent of antiseptics filled the air as she approached Raiden's room. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she gently pushed the door open.

Raiden was lying on the bed, his eyes searching the room. As Mayu entered, their gazes locked, a flood of emotions passing between them: relief, love, and an unspoken understanding of the challenges they faced.

"Mayu," Raiden whispered, his voice hoarse.

She approached, taking his hand in hers. "I'm here," she said softly, brushing a stray strand of hair from his forehead.

Raiden managed a weak smile. "I knew you would be."

Mayu's eyes glistened with tears. "I was so worried about you," she admitted, her voice trembling.

Raiden squeezed her hand gently. "I'm sorry for making you worry," he said, his eyes filled with sincerity.

They sat in silence for a moment, each lost in their thoughts, grateful for the precious moments they shared.

"I heard about the battle," Raiden said, breaking the silence. "You were amazing."

Mayu blushed, brushing off the compliment. "It was nothing compared to what you've been through."

Raiden's expression grew serious. "There's something I need to tell you," he began, hesitating slightly.

Mayu's heart skipped a beat. "What is it?"

Raiden took a deep breath. "While I was unconscious, I had a vision," he said slowly. "I saw a great danger looming over Hoenn, and I think we're at the center of it."

Mayu's eyes widened in alarm. "What kind of danger?"

Raiden shook his head. "I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the orbs and the ancient legends."

A sense of foreboding settled over Mayu. "We need to figure this out," she said determinedly. "Together."

Raiden nodded, determination burning in his eyes. "Together," he echoed.

Brendan, leaning casually against the doorway with a smirk on his face, interrupted their moment. "Well, well, looks like I interrupted something," he teased, winking at Mayu.

Mayu's cheeks flushed a shade redder, pulling her hand back from Raiden's. "Brendan! Can't you see we're having a moment here?"

Raiden chuckled, shifting to make himself more comfortable. "It's alright," he said, shooting Brendan a playful glare. "You know Brendan, always the interrupting type."