Unfortunate Events

As the group gathered in the center of Dewford Town, Riyu's suggestion sparked a lively discussion among the friends. "We've got three days," she said, her eyes shining with excitement. "Why not spend tomorrow exploring the town and enjoying ourselves? Then we can challenge Brawly at the Dewford Gym the day after that."

Raiden nodded in agreement, always one to appreciate a well-thought-out plan. "Sounds like a plan. And after that, we can focus on finding Steven in Granite Cave."

Mayu, who had been quietly observing the conversation, approached Raiden with a concerned expression. "Raiden," she began hesitantly, "Have you been taking your meds?"

Raiden looked taken aback by the sudden question, his eyes widening in surprise. "Uh, yeah," he replied, a hint of defensiveness in his voice. "Why do you ask?"

Mayu sighed, her gaze softening. "It's just that I've noticed you've been a bit off lately. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Raiden hesitated for a moment before nodding. "I appreciate your concern, Mayu. I'll make sure to stay on top of it."

Mayu smiled, her concern dissipating. "Good. Remember, we're a team, and we need to look out for each other."

The sun rose high in the sky, casting a warm glow over Dewford Town. The group, eager to enjoy their day off, made their way towards the beach, their spirits high with anticipation. However, upon reaching the shoreline, they were met with a surprising sight. A large sign was prominently displayed, warning visitors of unusually high tides and cold waters.

"I guess the beach is off-limits today," Riyu remarked, disappointment evident in her voice.

Mayu nodded, her eyes scanning the area thoughtfully. "Well, if we can't enjoy the beach, we might as well make the most of our time. Let's head to the gym and see if Brawly is available for a battle."

With renewed enthusiasm, the group made their way to the Dewford Gym, only to be met with another obstacle. A sign at the entrance informed them that Brawly was currently on leave.

Ren's intuition kicked in, sensing that their true purpose in Dewford was becoming increasingly clear. "It seems like our main objective is to find Steven," she said, her voice filled with determination.

Raiden nodded in agreement. "You're right, Ren. We should focus on locating Steven in Granite Cave."

Mayu glanced at Ren, her eyes filled with concern and curiosity. "Ren, you seem to know more about this than you're letting on. Is there something you're not telling us?"

Ren's eyes darted away, avoiding Mayu's probing gaze. "It's complicated, Mayu. But I promise, when the time is right, I'll explain everything."

The entrance to Granite Cave loomed before them, its dark and foreboding interior sending shivers down their spines. Ren, her instincts screaming at her to remain concealed, pulled up her hoodie, casting a shadow over her face and adding an air of mystery. Her sudden change in appearance drew puzzled looks from the group, but before anyone could question her, they were enveloped by the cave's oppressive darkness.

"Alright, let's stick together," Raiden suggested, trying to mask the unease in his voice.

But as they ventured deeper into the cave, the darkness became increasingly suffocating, and the group soon found themselves separated. The only sound that echoed through the cavernous space was the distant dripping of water and their own ragged breathing.

Ren, sensing the urgency of their mission, called out Torchic, its small flame casting a dim glow and illuminating the immediate area around her. As she cautiously navigated the maze-like corridors of the cave, her thoughts raced, and the weight of her secrets bore down on her.