Reunited

The sun cast long shadows as Ren stepped forward, her expression serious. "Alright, listen up," she announced, pulling out a whistle from her pocket. "We're going to settle this fairly. A capture match. First one to successfully capture that Electrike wins."

Raiden smirked, "You're on." He glanced at his Marshtomp, giving it a nod. The Pokémon puffed out its chest, eager to redeem its honor.

Mayu adjusted her stance, her eyes focused on the hovering Electrike. She whispered words of encouragement to her Grovyle, reassuring it that they had the skill and strategy to win this.

The Electrike, sensing the shift in dynamics, hovered a bit higher, its eyes darting between the two teams. It was clear that it wasn't going to be an easy catch.

"Alright, on my signal," Ren instructed, raising the whistle to her lips.

The tension was palpable. The wind seemed to hold its breath as Ren blew the whistle sharply, signaling the start of the match.

Raiden immediately shouted, "Marshtomp, use Mud Shot!" His Pokémon responded instantly, releasing a stream of mud towards the Electrike, attempting to trap it.

But Mayu was quick to counter. "Dodge and use Bullet Seed!" she commanded. Grovyle gracefully evaded the mud, launching a volley of seeds towards the Electrike.

The tiny Pokémon skillfully dodged the seeds, zipping through the air with agility. It was clear that capturing it wouldn't be as simple as they initially thought.

Raiden gritted his teeth. "Alright, let's up the ante. Marshtomp, Water Gun!"

A powerful jet of water shot towards the Electrike, forcing it to maneuver frantically to avoid getting hit.

Seizing the opportunity, Mayu shouted, "Grovyle, use Quick Attack!"

With a burst of speed, Grovyle closed the distance between itself and the Electrike, attempting to knock it off balance.

But Raiden wasn't about to give up. "Counter with Thunder Wave!" he yelled.

The Electrike's fur bristled with electricity as it released a paralyzing wave towards Grovyle. The grass-type Pokémon was momentarily stunned, giving the Electrike a chance to retaliate.

"Now, use Thunder Fang!" Raiden commanded.

Electrike lunged forward, its fangs crackling with electricity. It aimed straight for Grovyle, determined to make the most of its advantage.

However, Mayu was ready. "Dodge and use Leaf Blade!" she countered.

Grovyle narrowly evaded the Thunder Fang, its blade glowing a vibrant green. With a swift motion, it struck the Electrike, sending it spiraling towards the ground.

Seeing this, Raiden quickly threw a Poké Ball, hoping to capture the weakened Electrike.

But Mayu wasn't about to let him have the last word. With precision and determination, she threw her own Poké Ball, capturing the Electrike in a flash of light.

The battlefield fell silent, the only sound being the soft hum of the captured Electrike inside the Poké Ball.

Ren walked over, a smile playing on her lips. "Well, it seems we have a winner," she declared, pointing towards Mayu.

Mayu grinned, her eyes shining with excitement. "We did it, Grovyle!"

Raiden chuckled, extending a hand towards Mayu. "Good game," he said, his tone filled with respect.

Mayu shook his hand, her smile widening. "You too."

The bustling city of Lumiose was alive with activity, its streets filled with trainers and Pokémon from all corners of the region. The towering skyscrapers and neon lights created a dazzling display, casting a vibrant glow over the cityscape. Everywhere one looked, there was a sense of excitement and anticipation, as trainers prepared for battles, trades, and contests.