Relations

The dream was vivid, the emotions raw and palpable. Mayu found herself once again inhabiting Shane's body, navigating through memories and emotions that weren't her own.

Shane's voice trembled with anguish as she confronted her brother. "Brother! I loved him... I loved Ken!"

The man before her, her father, stood tall and imposing, his face shrouded in shadows. "What good does it do to the sister of the Hiraoka Family Head to be in a relationship with the man who stays in the light? We live in the shadows, Shane. We are criminals, terrorists. Our goal is to bring all the Pokémon under our control."

Shane's eyes welled up with tears, her voice breaking with desperation. "That doesn't mean you can kill him! Especially not in alliance with Team Rocket... Why! Why?"

The weight of realization pressed down on Mayu. If Shane was her father's sister, then that would make Shane her aunt. The implications were both shocking and confusing. The lines between familial bonds and criminal ambitions blurred, leaving Mayu grappling with a reality she hadn't anticipated.

In the dimly lit room, the atmosphere was thick with tension. The heavy scent of iron mingled with a sense of foreboding, creating an eerie ambiance. Mayu, now inhabiting the consciousness of her aunt Shane, felt a cold dread seep into her bones as her mother, Emé, cautiously stepped into the room.

"Sir! I have some great ne–" Emé began, her voice quivering with a mix of excitement and apprehension.

The stern voice of her father cut her off sharply. "Can't you see I'm occupied?" His eyes, cold and unyielding, bore into Emé, dismissing her presence with a mere glance.

Before Mayu could fully process the unfolding scene, a swift, chilling realization hit her. Shane was no longer in control. Panic surged within her, but she was a silent observer, a prisoner within her own mind, forced to witness the events unfolding before her.

"I- Sha- Sh– Shane..." Emé's voice trembled, her eyes widening in horror as they fell upon Shane's lifeless form.

Her father's response was chillingly casual, devoid of any remorse or emotion. "She's dead." The words hung heavily in the air, each syllable dripping with cold indifference.

Emé's face turned a ghostly shade of pale, her body swaying dangerously as nausea overtook her. The traumatic sight before her triggered a visceral reaction, and she collapsed, retching violently.

"Emé, you can't handle witnessing a dead body? You're forgetting that you're my wife," her father remarked coldly, his voice devoid of concern.

Emé's feeble attempt to explain was met with his unyielding gaze. "It's not that... It's um... My sickness... I was feeling nauseous..." she stammered, her voice barely above a whisper.

He approached her slowly, his bloodstained hands reaching out to cradle her face. The juxtaposition of his violent act and this tender gesture was jarring, a stark reminder of the complex web of emotions that defined their twisted relationship.

"Oh? Anyways, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" His voice was calm, almost conversational, as if discussing the weather rather than acknowledging the life he had just taken.

Emé hesitated, her eyes darting away from his intense gaze. "Sir... It's just that..."

His impatience was palpable. "Hm?"

"We uh well, Sir... I am..." Emé took a deep breath, her hands trembling as she clutched her stomach, "We're having a baby..."

For a fleeting moment, a hint of surprise flickered across his face, quickly replaced by a sly grin. "Ah, a new addition to the family," he mused, his voice dripping with faux enthusiasm. "Well, isn't that... convenient?"