Ren's Origins

As Raiden's vision began to blur from the strain, a sudden sensation of weightlessness engulfed him. He felt a firm grip around his waist, pulling him back from the brink. When his eyes fluttered open, the first thing he saw was Wallace's concerned face, eyes filled with both relief and urgency.

"Easy there," Wallace murmured, ensuring Raiden was stable before letting go. The rain-soaked wind whipped around them, contrasting the intense relief that washed over Raiden.

Swampert approached, its towering figure blocking out some of the rain. The Pokémon leaned down, its eyes scanning Raiden's form, checking for any injuries.

Wallace helped Raiden to his feet, concern evident in his gaze. "What are you doing here in Lilycove?" Raiden managed to ask, his voice hoarse from the recent events.

"I could ask you the same," Wallace replied, his tone serious. "But first, let's get you somewhere safe." He gestured towards the entrance of the building, away from the rain and the harrowing scene behind them.

The door to the hotel room creaked open, revealing a weary Raiden leaning heavily against the door frame. The dim lighting of the room illuminated the familiar faces inside — Mayu, looking refreshed but with a hint of concern in her eyes, and Riyu, who was nestled closely beside her.

However, it was Steven's presence that caught Raiden off guard. The usually composed champion had a grave expression, his gaze fixed intently on the young man.

"Steven? What are you doing here?" Raiden asked, a mix of surprise and curiosity evident in his voice.

Steven gestured towards the chairs, his expression stern. "Sit down, Raiden. We have matters to discuss."

Raiden hesitated for a brief moment before taking a seat next to Mayu. The atmosphere in the room grew tense, the weight of the impending revelation hanging heavily in the air.

"Something's happened," Mayu began, her voice soft yet filled with concern. "What happened out there?"

Raiden took a deep breath, trying to collect his thoughts. "It's a long story," he began, "But before that, why is Steven here?"

Steven cleared his throat, choosing his words carefully. "There's something you all need to know about Ren. It's about time the truth came out."

The tension in the room thickened with each passing moment. Steven's eyes bore into the group, his face etched with concern.

"When was the last time any of you saw Ren?" he questioned, his voice firm.

Riyu hesitated, her eyes darting nervously around the room before she finally spoke. "She left to meet Moon. It's been about two hours."

Steven exchanged a glance with Wallace, the gravity of the situation evident in their expressions. "We've been monitoring Ren's movements through her phone," Wallace began, his voice low. "It's a precaution we've taken given the recent events."

Raiden frowned, confusion evident on his face. "Why would you track her?"

Wallace sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "It's complicated. But the point is, she's gone silent. She's not responding to our calls."

Mayu's eyes widened, her gaze darting towards the door as if expecting Ren to walk in any moment. "You mean she's missing?"

Steven nodded, his jaw clenched. "Her phone was found near the Lilycove Warehouse. But there's no sign of her."

Raiden's heart raced, a sinking feeling settling in the pit of his stomach. "You think something happened to her?"

Steven's expression darkened. "Given the circumstances, we can't rule out anything. We need to find her, and fast."